HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     
Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals

    505 CST in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 6:29 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Word on the street is that Tony G. is talking to a California headquartered company at this time. They want to streamline and be in a more business and tax friendly environment, which Nashville most certainly is. I hope is a tech company, that'd be sweet.
It would be a huge move forward if Tony G. could get a commitment from a major company to relocate to Nashville for this tower. Not only would he have a tenant for this badass tower, but he would also help out the local economy. Two birds with one stone.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 7:23 PM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,267
I was going to ask if Tony had gotten little nibbles, here and there, of a sort that had him thinking that a project of this scope was worth hiring a starchitect to design.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 2:22 AM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,267
Okay, something on the video I forgot to mention: when Tony was asked if 505 CST would be a new tallest, he quickly said, "Yes." He then proceeded to explain how AT&T was tallest from sidewalk to spire ... then it appeared as though the video was spliced ... and he was off on another subject. Kind of weird.

Is it possible that he was about to say "tallest to the roof" ? That might explain why he launched into the convoluted explanation about how AT&T achieved its height.

In any case, even if 505 CST was, say, under 600' to roof, it would still appear as the dominant tower on the skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:06 AM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Okay, something on the video I forgot to mention: when Tony was asked if 505 CST would be a new tallest, he quickly said, "Yes." He then proceeded to explain how AT&T was tallest from sidewalk to spire ... then it appeared as though the video was spliced ... and he was off on another subject. Kind of weird.

Is it possible that he was about to say "tallest to the roof" ? That might explain why he launched into the convoluted explanation about how AT&T achieved its height.

In any case, even if 505 CST was, say, under 600' to roof, it would still appear as the dominant tower on the skyline.
That's what I'm thinking. The elevation of downtown changes a lot. 505 Church Street's elevation is 505 ft. the AT&T Tower's is 450 (according to Google Earth). Technically AT&T would be the tallest, but 505 would look to be the tallest.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:15 AM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
That's what I'm thinking. The elevation of downtown changes a lot. 505 Church Street's elevation is 505 ft. the AT&T Tower's is 450 (according to Google Earth). Technically AT&T would be the tallest, but 505 would look to be the tallest.
Wait, so we already know it's 505' to the roof ? I thought 505 was a reference to the address.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #46  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:18 AM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Wait, so we already know it's 505' to the roof ? I thought 505 was a reference to the address.
No! The elevation above sea level is 505 ft. (according to Google Earth), and it happens to be the address also. No idea on the official height.

Sorry for not being clear on that.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #47  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 3:34 AM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
No! The elevation above sea level is 505 ft. (according to Google Earth), and it happens to be the address also. No idea on the official height.

Sorry for not being clear on that.
Gotcha.

At present, to me, that 70-ish tower, near the capital, looks like the dominant tower on the skyline. Is the elevation higher there ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #48  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 4:01 AM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Gotcha.

At present, to me, that 70-ish tower, near the capital, looks like the dominant tower on the skyline. Is the elevation higher there ?
it is a bit because it sits at the foot of the bluff that rises into Capitol Hill. That and I think the design makes it look taller as well.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #49  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 5:09 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 740
Official height I've found in the downloadable PDF file: 38 stories and 605ft, I need the mods to change the thread title to reflect these findings.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #50  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 6:59 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Official height I've found in the downloadable PDF file: 38 stories and 605ft, I need the mods to change the thread title to reflect these findings.
Can you post that link to the PDF file?
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #51  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 5:26 AM
Dale Dale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,267
The naysayers are out in force on UP.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #52  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 5:51 AM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
The naysayers are out in force on UP.
You ain't lyin about that.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #53  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 7:01 AM
BnaBreaker's Avatar
BnaBreaker BnaBreaker is offline
Y GWIR ERBYN Y BYD
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago & South Bend
Posts: 15,068
They really have no particular reason to be though. They're just being pessimistic based on Nashville's past lack of success building proposed new office towers, which is pretty irrelevant if you ask me.
__________________
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

-Bob Marley
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #54  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 10:21 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Can you post that link to the PDF file?
You have to submit your name and email address in order to be granted access to download the PDF file, there is no direct internet link. Go to Giarratana's website and click on 505CST and on the left side you'll see a small link to submit the above info.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #55  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:24 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 740
Project is up for bid with estimated start date November 2012.

I don't understand why some people are so negative without really backing it up with reason other than it is Tony G and the site of his failed Signature Tower.

Here is the snipit from the tower's information file discussing official height:

"Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture was retained by Nashville-based developers, Tony Giarratana and Ted
Kromer to perform master planning and conceptual architectural design services for a building that would be one of
the most energy-efficient and sustainable buildings in the world. The mix of uses in the 38-story, 605 foot tall towerincludes office, a luxury hotel, a world-class conference center and below-grade parking."
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/

Last edited by futuresooner; Nov 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #56  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 6:59 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is offline
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Project is up for bid with estimated start date November 2012.

I don't understand why some people are so negative without really backing it up with reason other than it is Tony G and the site of his failed Signature Tower.

Here is the snipit from the tower's information file discussing official height:

"Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture was retained by Nashville-based developers, Tony Giarratana and Ted
Kromer to perform master planning and conceptual architectural design services for a building that would be one of
the most energy-efficient and sustainable buildings in the world. The mix of uses in the 38-story, 605 foot tall towerincludes office, a luxury hotel, a world-class conference center and below-grade parking."
I think we are thinking about the same group of folks somewhere else on the internet, but they keep tending to omit the fact that there wasn't the MCC and other growth and development back in 2006 when Signature Tower was proposed. They all wanna be the guy that can say "I told ya so".
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #57  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 7:19 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 740
Exactly, and companies wanting to relocate to Nashville have stated for a fact that continuous, large floor plates and amounts of office space in excellent buildings is lacking. I feel that companies are wanting to negotiate the best possible deal and get the most bang for their buck at the same time upfront and in the long haul.

The naysayers are really getting old if they can't back it up with logical statements and/or facts. Nashville has more momentum than it likely ever has and is becoming a beacon of growth in the recession, much like our sister city of Austin.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #58  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 7:00 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
Forum Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: AUSTIN
Posts: 37,060
Much nicer tower than Signature Tower, and it fits Nashville better.
__________________
I like the Raleighs
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #59  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 2:54 AM
BigBen12120 BigBen12120 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
love this building, hope this and SoBro gets built, i love the look of both, would be huge addition to nashville!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #60  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2011, 3:14 PM
mrskyline mrskyline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 243
It may or may not be intentional on the part of the architect, but to me the building's sensuous curves resemble the curve of the side of a guitar. Quite appropriate for Nashville.

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Nov 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
   
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:47 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.