Originally Posted by summersm343
Not sure, just heard they were sprucing it up a little.
There's an article in PBJ talking about the Commerce Square renovations -- the print edition had a couple small renders (can't find them online though), the changes look pretty interesting and modern.
To sum up:
- The fountain will be rebuilt
- new furniture, umbrellas and landscaping will be put in
- a 22-foot by 20-foot “media wall,” or large television screen, will cover a portion of a wall that will have content rotating on it
- “The themes to this upgrade is to better engage the street with the public space"
- two illuminated 42-foot pylons will jut up and create an entry way on Market Street into the courtyard
- landlord seeking to put a 'destination' restaurant in one of the vacant spaces in the courtyard
Basically they realize how many residential units are coming to the area and are trying to make the courtyard more publicly accessible and have activity going on not just during business hours.