HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


    Cunard Block in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 7:55 PM
teddifax's Avatar
teddifax teddifax is online now
Halifax Promoter!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
I think this ones been scrapped
NO!!!!!!!!!! say it isn't so, I really liked this one!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 8:08 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 8,169
It's still listed on Southwest's website;

Southwest.ca
__________________
Halifax Developments Blog

- DJ
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 8:21 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is online now
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22,045
They also did some announcements related to this recently for the 175th Cunard anniversary.

I could see this being delayed since the Maple construction has fallen behind schedule.
__________________
flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 10:00 PM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,187
It's a Waterfront Development Corporation project so it will take years for anything to happen. Bureaucracy at its finest at work.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 10:00 PM
Hali87 Hali87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
I think this ones been scrapped
What makes you say that?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 10:18 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
What makes you say that?
Because Nova Scotians are so pessimistic, we complain about a glass of salt water being half empty while we're standing beside the ocean.
__________________
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 3:36 AM
counterfactual counterfactual is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,796
If it's Southwest, I have full confidence it gets done. Great track record for actually developing, and doing so on time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 4:34 PM
Hali87 Hali87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Because Nova Scotians are so pessimistic, we complain about a glass of salt water being half empty while we're standing beside the ocean.
Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy in many ways. A lot of the complaining I hear these days is about how much everyone else complains and how pessimisstic everyone is, while in reality people seem to have an increasingly positive outlook. This city is nowhere near as cynical and self-hating as I remember it being even 5-10 years ago, but for some reason this is how we continue to advertize ourselves.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 2:53 PM
OldDartmouthMark OldDartmouthMark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy in many ways. A lot of the complaining I hear these days is about how much everyone else complains and how pessimisstic everyone is, while in reality people seem to have an increasingly positive outlook. This city is nowhere near as cynical and self-hating as I remember it being even 5-10 years ago, but for some reason this is how we continue to advertize ourselves.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 3:07 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,670
I am confident this will get done but at the moment Southwest has four major projects they are trying to get off the ground. I could see this falling in line once the Pavillion is rolling on the structure, which probably would coincide with substantial completion of the Maple.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 9:32 PM
counterfactual counterfactual is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy in many ways. A lot of the complaining I hear these days is about how much everyone else complains and how pessimisstic everyone is, while in reality people seem to have an increasingly positive outlook. This city is nowhere near as cynical and self-hating as I remember it being even 5-10 years ago, but for some reason this is how we continue to advertize ourselves.
Totally agree, too!

I was talking with a guy today who lived in the city in the late 1990s and this was his first time back since then. He was shocked by how the city had improved; he felt it was much cleaner, nicer, newer, much better maintained, and was surprised by all the development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 9:32 PM
counterfactual counterfactual is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
I am confident this will get done but at the moment Southwest has four major projects they are trying to get off the ground. I could see this falling in line once the Pavillion is rolling on the structure, which probably would coincide with substantial completion of the Maple.
Totally. Southwest is great. They'll get it done.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 5:48 PM
Haligonian88's Avatar
Haligonian88 Haligonian88 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 131
Armour Group is still planning to move forward with this Queen's Landing/Marque project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #254  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 6:45 PM
teddifax's Avatar
teddifax teddifax is online now
Halifax Promoter!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligonian88 View Post
Armour Group is still planning to move forward with this Queen's Landing/Marque project.
Yahoo, I really like this one!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #255  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 6:59 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,931
Great news! But I think I'll wait and see how many decades the planning process takes before deciding how excited to get.
__________________
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #256  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 7:47 PM
hokus83 hokus83 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 284
All the signage and building proposal info from the street on the fence has been removed. Thats usually not a good indication that things are going to proceed
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #257  
Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 9:41 PM
counterfactual counterfactual is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligonian88 View Post
Armour Group is still planning to move forward with this Queen's Landing/Marque project.
Isn't Queen's Landing a different project than the Cunard Block?

Cunard block is further up, while Queen's Landing is down closer to the ferry terminal?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #258  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 12:55 AM
Hali87 Hali87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,111
Yup. Queen's Landing is also two separate projects on one site I think (one public and one private). They seem to be both progressing slowly and independently of one another.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #259  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 3:33 AM
counterfactual counterfactual is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
Yup. Queen's Landing is also two separate projects on one site I think (one public and one private). They seem to be both progressing slowly and independently of one another.
My worry is the reason that Andy Fillmore abandoned the Waterfront Dev Corp was because he learned, on joining them, that Cunard and other big projects on the waterfront would not be moving forward any time soon...

Again, I have a lot of confidence in Southwest, so I think this one will get done.

Queen's landing on the other hand...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #260  
Old Posted May 19, 2016, 10:44 PM
hokus83 hokus83 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 284
So is this one moving forward anymore at all?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:07 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.