HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 12:57 AM
Gratts Gratts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Amazing video of Ottawa with Great Aerial Shots

Amazing video of Ottawa with with great areal shots.

http://youtu.be/YfM_DpB3mLs

From the folks at www.thejoynt.ca
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2013, 11:55 AM
TMA-1's Avatar
TMA-1 TMA-1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 250
Thanks for posting that link, never would have found it myself. I've been looking for a pilot with a night rating for years and I have to redouble my efforts, such as they are.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratts View Post
Amazing video of Ottawa with with great areal shots.

http://youtu.be/YfM_DpB3mLs

From the folks at www.thejoynt.ca
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 1:13 AM
Hybrid247 Hybrid247 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 406
Great video! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wakefield, QC
Posts: 1,969
that's amazing! very recent footage too! i saw the bike lanes on laurier.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 12:44 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 16,495
Nice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Apr 29, 2013, 3:48 PM
ac888yow's Avatar
ac888yow ac888yow is offline
Melissa: fabulous.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: YOW/CYOW/CUUP
Posts: 1,767
Stunning video. I agree with one of the Youtube comments that Ottawa Tourism should be talking to the creator.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 12:29 AM
grooveduster grooveduster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 20
Damn! That's nice! So cool to see some Ottawa footage that doesn't include the obligatory frozen canal-scpaes...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Apr 30, 2013, 12:36 AM
kevinbottawa kevinbottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac888yow View Post
Stunning video. I agree with one of the Youtube comments that Ottawa Tourism should be talking to the creator.
The artist got the aerial footage from Ottawa Tourism.
__________________
Ranting since 2014 at shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 5:09 PM
kevinbottawa kevinbottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,781
I don't know if this video was ever posted. It's by inMotion for Invest Ottawa and the Ottawa Film Office. Definitely one of the best Ottawa videos I've ever seen.

Video Link
__________________
Ranting since 2014 at shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 5:59 PM
EdFromOttawa EdFromOttawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa View Post
I don't know if this video was ever posted. It's by inMotion for Invest Ottawa and the Ottawa Film Office. Definitely one of the best Ottawa videos I've ever seen.

Video Link
Actually not a big fan. Distorts a lot in terms of scale (i.e. making that big church downtown seem huge when in fact it's quite small relatively speaking; ditto with the office buildings downtown). Also completely ignores Lansdowne Park (granted unfinished but they could have done this before the reconstruction began), and CTC.

It implies too much and actually doesn't cover that much of Ottawa, other than what people already know. Compare it to this:

http://vimeo.com/30788720

One of the most incredible city videos I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2013, 6:32 PM
kevinbottawa kevinbottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFromOttawa View Post
Actually not a big fan. Distorts a lot in terms of scale (i.e. making that big church downtown seem huge when in fact it's quite small relatively speaking; ditto with the office buildings downtown). Also completely ignores Lansdowne Park (granted unfinished but they could have done this before the reconstruction began), and CTC.

It implies too much and actually doesn't cover that much of Ottawa, other than what people already know.
When it comes to scale, I think that's the point. The video is being used by the Ottawa Film Office to promote shooting productions in Ottawa. Producers need to see how the city can look on camera; they should be able to watch the video and see that Ottawa can pass for a city with a much larger scale like New York. If it was a tourism video I'd expect it to be more to the actual scale of the city because you want to capture the city as people will see it.

When it comes to Lansdowne Park and CTC, again, if it was a tourism video they could include those attractions, but I don't know why they should be included in a video to promote filming in Ottawa.
__________________
Ranting since 2014 at shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 3:41 AM
Kitchissippi's Avatar
Kitchissippi Kitchissippi is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,217
Has any one else been watching "The Best Laid Plans" on CBC? The series is quite amusing, and they have some great scenes set in different parts of the city (and Perth).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 3:55 AM
Urbanarchit Urbanarchit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Has any one else been watching "The Best Laid Plans" on CBC? The series is quite amusing, and they have some great scenes set in different parts of the city (and Perth).
I have, actually, been catching it online. I'm very excited that we're starting to see Ottawa being featured in more movies and TV shows set in Ottawa. Local actors and personalities can be seen in this show, too.

I remember seeing them filming this at Booth House during the summer, and recognized the scenes with the intricately carved wooden walls in the show to be the interior of that building (I took some bad photos of the interior during Doors Open Ottawa last June, which you can find on my Flickr). Also, my cousin worked on that show.

I also liked watching Michael: Tuesdays and Thursdays because it was filmed and set in Ottawa. It was done in... 2011? I definitely watched it in 2012, but it was filmed prior. Nicholas Hoare was in the show, and Performance Court was not yet built.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 12:02 AM
waterloowarrior's Avatar
waterloowarrior waterloowarrior is offline
National Capital Region
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 8,198
Came across this video today from this Toronto Star article. The Toronto one is great. Maybe he will do an Ottawa drone video in the future
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...line_porn.html


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 1:40 AM
kevinbottawa kevinbottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Came across this video today from this Toronto Star article. The Toronto one is great. Maybe he will do an Ottawa drone video in the future
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...line_porn.html


It says under the video that he's originally from Ottawa. Too bad Toronto gets to benefit from that talent. There aren't many cool Ottawa videos out there.
__________________
Ranting since 2014 at shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 8:55 PM
kevinbottawa kevinbottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,781
Ottawa Tourism's new campaign is very well done. It shows the cooler sides of Ottawa and avoids the cliche stuff like Parliament Hill. A news article said it's geared towards millennials, especially in the GTA. They have more videos on the campaign website. http://ottawasown.ca

Video Link
__________________
Ranting since 2014 at shiftermagazine.com/kevin-bourne

Last edited by kevinbottawa; Feb 15, 2018 at 1:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 1:45 PM
Lakeofthewood Lakeofthewood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Downtown Ottawa
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa View Post
Ottawa Tourism's new campaign is very well done. It shows the cooler sides of Ottawa and avoids the cliche stuff like Parliament Hill. A news article said it's geared towards millennials, especially in the GTA. The have more videos on the campaign website. http://ottawasown.ca

Video Link
Very cool, I'm a big fan of that ad! Not being from here originally, everyone assumes Ottawa is basically all just Parliamentary and government-related buildings and that's it. Nice to show off the non-government side of our wonderful city!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 1:50 PM
Proof Sheet Proof Sheet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeofthewood View Post
Very cool, I'm a big fan of that ad! Not being from here originally, everyone assumes Ottawa is basically all just Parliamentary and government-related buildings and that's it. Nice to show off the non-government side of our wonderful city!
I recognize the coffee location but does anyone know where the kayak scenes were filmed? Somewhere north along the Gatineau River?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:08 PM
Multi-modal Multi-modal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
I recognize the coffee location but does anyone know where the kayak scenes were filmed? Somewhere north along the Gatineau River?
Those were on the Ottawa River, near Beachburg. He was on the "Garburator" surf wave... 45.735666, -76.770370 (lat, long) to be specific. That wave was used to host the 2015 ICF world freestyle kayak championships.

I'm also pretty sure that was the owner of Moo Shu Ice Cream.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:15 PM
Uhuniau Uhuniau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,653
Oooh - that is actually kinda good, and I'm the world's fourth-biggest cynic about boosterism.
__________________
___
Enjoy my taxes, Orleans (and Kanata?).
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.