HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction

One Morningside Park in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 8:05 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 301 East 50th St | 342 FT | 29 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 303 East 50th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON OCTOBER 10TH 2013 AT 11:30 AM

Quote:
Fishman Holdings is developing a new 29-story tower at 303 East 50th Street, and excavation is well underway. Designed by COOKFOX, the high-rise will be a decidedly modern addition to the neighborhood.

Per construction permits, the building will contain 57 residences, and rise a total of 342 feet – a sign the developer hopes to attain ‘luxury’ prospects, as the floor-to-ceiling heights will be respectable, likely measuring over ten feet. Residences will also be large, with typical units averaging just under 2,000 square feet. The neighborhood is home to several new developments, but COOKFOX’s pedigree should give 303 East 50th Street an edge, as the firm has a portfolio of exceptional work, especially among their new projects in Manhattan.

The lone rendering of the building depicts a four-story podium, out of which the main tower rises; details are fuzzy, but the facade looks to be masonry, and a contemporary take on the white-brick craze that dominated Midtown East and the Upper East Side in the post-war period. While the bulk of those buildings have aged quite badly, 303 East 50th Street will – thankfully - not be brick, and should avoid the pitfalls of past new construction in the neighborhood.

Signage on-site indicates the development will be completed in 2015, though the building lacks any website or real public information at the moment. Ultimately, 301 East 50th Street should make for a more-than-adequate addition to the neighborhood.

What Crane Collapse Building's Neighbor Might Look Like
Tuesday, January 15, 2013, by Sara Polsky

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Mar 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 7:51 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New Beekman Place condo revealed
Developer CBSK Ironstate now has three Manhattan residential projects in the works
March 04, 2014 01:50PM
By Katherine Clarke

A rendering of 301 East 50th Street

Quote:
CBSK Ironstate, the team behind the Jefferson condominium in the East Village, has revealed some details of its latest project, a 29-story condo tower at 301 East 50th Street. A teaser website for the development went live today.

The 57-unit condominium is slated to hit the market this spring, with prices starting at $1.5 million. A Douglas Elliman Development Marketing team led by Joan Swift and Bertrand Buchin will head up sales at the property.

The building will have a limestone façade and interiors by architecture firm COOKFOX. Units range in size from one-bedroom to four-bedroom, including two penthouses. The developers are seeking LEED Gold certification for the tower, which will be ultra-”green.”

Amenities include a fitness and wellness center with a gym, a cedar sauna, a steam room with rinse showers, a tea lounge, a treatment room and private changing rooms. All residents also have access to a landscaped terrace.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 12:34 PM

This is going to be a nice development. Really liking that it will have a limestone facade.

Last edited by Eveningsong; Mar 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 10:53 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of March 8th, 2014...
Photo Credit: EastMillinocket @ WNY

©EastMillinocket

Old Posted Mar 24, 2014, 9:27 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Under Construction

As of March 22nd, 2014...

©EastMillinocket

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 12:23 AM

Nice pictures.

What is the building going up in the background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubeworm View Post
Under Construction

As of March 22nd, 2014...

©EastMillinocket

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 11:44 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of April 17th, 2014...

©EastMillinocket

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction