HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 5:53 PM

Smile NEW YORK | One Seaport Residences | 670 FT | 60 FLOORS | ON HOLD

http://www.fotiadis.net/archives/pro...61-maiden-lane

Quote:
In 2011, JFA was commissioned to design a mixed use tower in the financial district of Lower Manhattan. The developers desire to maximize the allowable buildable floor area meant creating a building which included residential, commercial and retail floor area. The property on which the proposed tower will sit is unusually narrow and will thus require special engineering considerations. JFA is presently working with and coordinating the efforts of world class engineering firms Langan Engineering and Thornton Tomasetti to create a viable and economically sound solution while maintaining a dramatic architectural vision. The project is presently in a concept stage of design. It is anticipated that the building will be constructed in 2014-2015.

I like this design, will make for a good filler in the day while it will really stand out in the night.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 6:03 PM

Perfect in every way. The facade blends in with the masts of the ships by the seaport and I love the vertical slab on top.

May it proceed as planned.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 6:52 PM

Boring/bland/forgettable. Ok filler.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 6:57 PM

I like it.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 6:59 PM

It will fit right in. A perfect fit for a good view from Brooklyn Bridge Park.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 10:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Not bad, and won't hurt. But everything that gets proposed in this area only reminds me that we didn't get 80 South Street...
But with everything else that's going on, we can't complain.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
The facade blends in with the masts of the ships by the seaport and I love the vertical slab on top.
Best possible location in the city for this tower in my opinion. Also, it is shorter than the 554 foot Continental center, but taller than the 402 foot National Westminster Bank and I'd say that this is about 500 feet to the pinacle.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
But everything that gets proposed in this area only reminds me that we didn't get 80 South Street...
I wouldn't count it out just yet, the WPC just recently came back from the dead slightly larger and with only a name change. With the high end residential market surging onward it is probable that something will happen there sooner rather than later.

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 10:58 PM

Whoa, very nice. Too bad we'll have to wait until 2014 for something to rise here though... lots can happen in that amount of time.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 3:01 AM

This tower is straight-from-Miami ultra-lame. Not that its neighbors are any better.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 3:11 AM

This building looks like something more to the beach (Miami, Sydney)... I do not think that combined with this site, right in the middle of office buildings.

I was expecting more, even something futuristic (For example 80 South Street).

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not bad, and won't hurt. But everything that gets proposed in this area only reminds me that we didn't get 80 South Street...
But with everything else that's going on, we can't complain.
Ditto. I think it'll look a little lame during the day, but good at night (according to the renders). I still keep a fantasy alive in my head that we'll have a huge economic upturn and 80 South Street will somehow get built and some bored rich guy will buy 1 Liberty, tear it down, and rebuild the Singer Building exactly as was. Alas, that will never happen, but the city will always surprise us with its progress.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 2:50 PM
Endless Moments...

I like it. Its very nice and sleek. Very Kewl...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2012, 11:55 PM

This building will also hide this ugly, but mercifully small hotel: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=196716&page=3

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 1:01 PM

another great building that needs to be built. it will definatly bring that extra bit of modernity to the east river skyline.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.rew-online.com/2013/09/10...apartment-buy/

SELLING POINTS: Fortis building downtown tower

September 10, 2013

Quote:
Cushman & Wakefield represented Maiden Lane Development LLC in the sale of 151-161 Maiden Lane to Fortis Property Group for $64 million or $257 per buildable square foot.

“We were very pleased with the results of the sale,” said Vassilis (Bill) Kefalas, of Maiden Lane Development LLC.

“When we acquired the site at the end of 2010, there was little sale or development activity downtown, but we saw great investment potential. The price is a testament to
a reinvigorated lower Manhattan and the unique aspects of the site.

“This investment exceeded all of our return expectations given the short window that we had to deploy our capital. We wish Fortis well in its development of what should be
a wonderful addition to the lower Manhattan skyline.”

151-161 Maiden Lane is a waterfront site that spans an entire block and is bounded by Maiden Lane, South Street, Fletcher Street and Front Street.

The property allows Fortis Property Group the opportunity to develop a mixed-use, 249,242 s/f building, with up to 138,468 s/f for residential use and the remaining 110,774 s/f
for commercial/hotel use or 249,242 s/f for full commercial/hotel use.

Additionally, the site is comprised of two contiguous lots, has no height restrictions and allows for the construction of a single mixed-use tower or two individual developments.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 3:18 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Well that got toned down a lot. Now it's a telephone pole instead of a ships mast.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 4:29 PM

I think it got better actually. Getting rid of those balconies is always good.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:45 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/re...-j-landau.html

By VIVIAN MARIN
January 21, 2014

Quote:
.....we’ve got another large project in downtown Manhattan, on Maiden Lane, which is a 250,000-square-foot development site. We bought it a few months ago. It’s a residential tower with an adjacent hotel. The residential tower is waterfront; it’s going to be 52 stories or so and have about 95 units.

We’re just going to build the residential tower and we’re selling off the hotel site. I think we could probably project between $2,000 and $3,000 a square foot. We hope to sell by early next summer. We’ll start construction in the next four or five months.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 7:09 PM

This building will probably be 700 ft+. It's a pretty amazing design.

http://fortispropertygroup.com/portf...e-new-york-ny/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction