HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

    Twelve | Twelve in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram
            
View Full Map

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 3:42 AM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Thumbs up NASHVILLE | The Twelve/Twelve | 23 FLOORS

An apartment tower, NO PROJECT NAME YET, announced late last year has finally had a rendering released and more are expected as ground breaking is anticipated for the 4th quarter of this year as financing is now reportedly in hand. This tower will be the most premium in the apartment market with rates starting at $1400/month and up to and beyond $3500/month. The project is estimated at $80 million and will contain 312 units. This tower is half of the 12th & Demonbreun development with the north half of the lot a proposed office tower from renowned Nashville-based Eakin Partners with this building anchoring the 12th Ave & Laurel St corner. You can see the proposed office tower behind the tower. An update will of course be out and thread title changed upon project name being released.



Links to the announcement:
Nashville Business Journal
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all

The Tennessean
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|p
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/

Last edited by futuresooner; Sep 22, 2012 at 4:18 AM.
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 4:51 AM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
I'm glad to see you started a thread for this. I'm excited to see this break ground finally and hopefully the SoBro also.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 3:04 PM
ariesjow ariesjow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 270
Will this one be taller than ICON in the Gulch? What about a retail component? This is really a great design for that corner of the Gulch. It's going to be awesome to see this one and the SOBRO rise at the same time.
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 3:20 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Will this one be taller than ICON in the Gulch? What about a retail component? This is really a great design for that corner of the Gulch. It's going to be awesome to see this one and the SOBRO rise at the same time.
It should be fairly close to the height of the ICON, maybe not even a bit taller but will look taller anyways because of it's location on a rise.

No mention of retail but the rendering alone you can see something there in the base. Also, given the location, retail/restaurant space would be a must.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 6:04 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
It should be fairly close to the height of the ICON, maybe not even a bit taller but will look taller anyways because of it's location on a rise.

No mention of retail but the rendering alone you can see something there in the base. Also, given the location, retail/restaurant space would be a must.
Isn't Icon's height roughly 210' or so? I would think that with the rendering we have that this new tower would be getting close to 250'. The first four floor look like they could possibly be 15' feet each.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 6:22 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Isn't Icon's height roughly 210' or so? I would think that with the rendering we have that this new tower would be getting close to 250'. The first four floor look like they could possibly be 15' feet each.
ICON is 251ft tall, so this'll come even or just slightly taller than the ICON.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 6:50 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
ICON is 251ft tall, so this'll come even or just slightly taller than the ICON.
I gotcha. I wonder if there will be any new talk of an urban grocer come into the Gulch with this announcement...something other than a Trader Joes or a Whole Foods. Icon, Terrazzo, Pine St. Lofts, Velocity, and now the Hensler project. Its something that's needed for sure. I'm also looking forward to the new retail announcements that will follow this.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 7:18 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I gotcha. I wonder if there will be any new talk of an urban grocer come into the Gulch with this announcement...something other than a Trader Joes or a Whole Foods. Icon, Terrazzo, Pine St. Lofts, Velocity, and now the Hensler project. Its something that's needed for sure. I'm also looking forward to the new retail announcements that will follow this.
Directly to the south is the local Turnip Truck grocery store. Granted it's a limited service, whole organic store, so it doesn't exactly fit my definition of a true grocery store because of it's incredibly limited selection and small size.

It really is only a matter of time before Publix comes into the downtown/midtown marketplace and likely would be in either SoBro or more likely whatever Northwestern Mutual is planning in the North Gulch near Charlotte Ave.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 7:33 PM
ariesjow ariesjow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 270
^ Yes. I recall reading Publix is in talks for the Boyle/Northwestern Mutual development for the North Gulch area. I think a drugstore like CVS or Walgreens is needed in the Gulch as well.
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 7:36 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
^ Yes. I recall reading Publix is in talks for the Boyle/Northwestern Mutual development for the North Gulch area. I think a drugstore like CVS or Walgreens is needed in the Gulch as well.
The key is getting a Publix and a CVS or Walgreens into the Gulch without it being tacky as hell. If an urban non standard box could be developed in the Gulch I would be all for it, but if all we would get is the standard cookie cutter store, then its a wash.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 2:56 AM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
The key is getting a Publix and a CVS or Walgreens into the Gulch without it being tacky as hell. If an urban non standard box could be developed in the Gulch I would be all for it, but if all we would get is the standard cookie cutter store, then its a wash.
Standard "cookie cutter" store styles aren't allowed in the Gulch or nearby neighborhoods because of them being in design overlay districts. So we've got no real worries in that department.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2012, 9:25 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Standard "cookie cutter" store styles aren't allowed in the Gulch or nearby neighborhoods because of them being in design overlay districts. So we've got no real worries in that department.
That's good. An urban grocery store would work perfect in one of the commercial/office spaces that was proposed a while back. I guess y'all know the ones I'm talking about (the proposal with 5 or 6 separate structures). If acquiring financing for office space there is hard for that development group, maybe they should look towards a grocery store.

Anyways, back on topic someone speculated on UP that we may see foundation work commence in the next 3-5 weeks...that's awesome if true.
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
gammodm gammodm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
name

Project name is " Mondrian ", not so sure foundation work will begin that soon, the final design and pricing hasnt occured.
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:54 PM
ariesjow ariesjow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 270
This one is ready to go. Construction starts in February.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ment-high-rise
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2013, 9:49 PM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Foundation permit has been pulled by the developer from Metro government. Needless to say, here we go.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
  #16  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2013, 3:08 AM
Stained's Avatar
Stained Stained is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 51
I am excited for this one. That area has a lot of potential.
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 6:58 AM
gammodm gammodm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
Look for some action within the next month. Project bid this week...
     
     
  #18  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 5:44 PM
Dale Dale is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,284
SoBro next, please.
     
     
  #19  
Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 6:55 PM
arkitekte's Avatar
arkitekte arkitekte is online now
Preds/Titans/Grizz
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammodm View Post
Look for some action within the next month. Project bid this week...
That's good to hear. Possibly an April or May groundbreaking?
__________________
I built it ground up. You bought it renovated.
     
     
  #20  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:18 AM
futuresooner's Avatar
futuresooner futuresooner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 744
Word from reliable industry sources say groundbreaking either this Friday or the following Monday.
__________________
Jacksonville: Where Florida Begins!
http://www.visitjacksonville.com/
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.