HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 5:32 AM

Spring Break Forever OR Why Ya'll Acting 'Spicious? (Nepal and a little East Coast)

I had a crazy spring break. Firstly, my school shlepped out to Nepal. I joined them. The purpose of the trip was to teach english to underprivileged children. For me, the purpose was photography.

Our first stop was the lovely city of Kathmandu and the nearby city Baktupor.

It's actually not that lovely.

Baktupor isn't so bad.

I can't spell Baktupor.

That's Baktupor. Bhakupor? I have no idea how to spell it. Lovely city though.

I actually drank this. They put this in front of me and I drank it. And I didn't die! Super sketchy, though.

Remember that drink I had a picture of earlier? These are the guys I drank it with. This picture was supposed to be right after the picture of the rice beer, but whatever. All of my pictures are out of order. There are more people with us, behind the camera, taking the picture. I literally just met them on the Bhaktuporian street. Nice guys though. Real party animals. Oh, and that's me in the white shirt and skin-tight jeans.

This is Adam by the way. You saw him earlier looking like he just snorted a bowl of PCP. He's a real nice guy. Amazing rock climber.

Tallest pagoda in Nepal!

These shoes weren't made for Nepal.

And then we hiked the Himalayas.

This is Namche. Last city before Mt. Everest.

Anyways, then, without even spending 12 hours at my house, I jetted off to the East Coast to go look at colleges. I didn't have too much free time, but I was still able to take a few pictures.

I don't have an establishing shot of DC, but everything after this sentence is DC.

Aight. We done.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 5:41 AM
International

that's awesome, man. but i do have to wonder: what kind of schools have spring breaks to nepal?! granted, i went to public schools in one of the nation's shittiest school districts (LAUSD) my whole life. love the east coast stuff, too.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 6:11 AM

Thanks for sharing the exotic and beautiful pics of Nepal; however just looking at them makes me think of earthquakes for some reason. The food pics. look equally exotic, but not very east coast.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 10:23 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
that's awesome, man. but i do have to wonder: what kind of schools have spring breaks to nepal?! granted, i went to public schools in one of the nation's shittiest school districts (LAUSD) my whole life. love the east coast stuff, too.
"Mom and Dad have a wing named after them" High

J/k not hating.

My Book

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 12:45 AM
Red brick mama.

Amazing pics!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 7:23 AM
Babylon falling

Damn am I jealous of your food budget. You are eatin good mang! Cool Nepal shots, some epic ones of the Himalayas for sure

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 12:57 PM
Couch-surfing provider

Fantastic photos! You're one lucky bastard to be able to go to Nepal for spring break!

Aaron (Glowrock)
"The three most beautiful cities in the world are Paris, St. Petersburg & Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh were situated somewhere in the heart of Europe tourists would eagerly journey hundreds of miles out of their way to visit it." The New Yorker Jan. 9, 1989

Old Posted Apr 16, 2013, 9:13 PM
Stuck in the Suburbs

Quote:
I went to the top non-selective high school in one of the nations best school districts (FCPS) and never heard of anyone going abroad on a school sponsored trip.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 3:07 PM
Universal Traveler

Smile

Thanks for your beautiful pics about Nepal and Boston, Illithid Dude!

Nepal has an impressive landscapes and the Himalaya Mountains are always spectacular. Amazing villages, people and food shots. You had a great spring great, of course.

Boston always looks fantastic. I adore Boston.

Congrats and greetings from Madrid, Spain!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaCJ View Post
I went to the top non-selective high school in one of the nations best school districts (FCPS) and never heard of anyone going abroad on a school sponsored trip.
Quote:
I go to a small, 'progressive' private school. From what I've heard, most L.A. private schools offer some sort of international program, though I believe that my school's is the most wide-reaching. If I wished, I could also go to Costa Rica, or Uruguay and Buenos Aires. I was actually going to do the later, but opted out due to it being a home stay program.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Old Posted May 5, 2013, 6:26 PM

Nepal looks like an equal blend of Tibet and North India, which only makes sense I guess. Looks like you were there for Holi?

I like this one a lot.

Old Posted May 5, 2013, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okayyou View Post
Looks like you were there for Holi?
I was, though I didn't really partake, since I'm the type of guy who likes to stay clean. Whenever someone wanted to throw some colors at me, I'd have my friend Adam step in front to take the blow.

And I see what you mean about taking a tripod for the 17mm TS-E. I spent way too much time trying to get all the lines straight, with varying results.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos