HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 16, 2013, 4:22 PM

Smile NEW YORK | 171 Ludlow St. (Hotel Indigo LES) | 262 FT | 24 FLOORS

A new hotel is under construction at 180 Orchard Street in the booming Lower East Side. This project was born right before the crash, stalled and has recently been reactivated.

Photos from the low down

Old Posted May 17, 2013, 7:22 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

Great building and size for the location. There are a ton of these smaller towers that are hidden and noteworthy of attention.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2013, 3:28 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Ignore the flavorful language in the article! Curbed says the hotel is 24 stories - here it says 22 - not sure which is right...

Neighbors Uneasy as Orchard Hell Building (Hotel Indigo) Grows to 14 Stories
Posted on: November 4th, 2013 at 6:07 am by: Elie

Quote:
The Orchard Hell Building is now well above the corniced canopy of its surroundings, having already reached a height of roughly fourteen stories. Once fleeced of its negative nickname, the 22-story skyscraper will become the latest outpost of the Hotel Indigo brand. Scheduled completion is sometime next year.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 2:14 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

yeah i saw a lot of construction action here the other day. hotel indigo is a good brand, it'll be nice.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 12:12 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

BoweryBoogie:

Orchard Hell Building Slapped with Stop Work Order Thanks to Falling Debris Onto Ludlow
Posted on: January 10th, 2014 at 5:23 am by Elie

The Orchard Hell Building from Ludlow vantage point

Quote:
According to DOB records, a five-foot long 4×3 piece of lumber fell from the construction site and damaged a car parked on Ludlow Street. The rear window was shattered, but it appears that no one was hurt. Complaints were called in, and inspectors awarded 180 Orchard with a full stop-work order.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2014, 6:23 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Work Resumes at 180 Orchard St. Hotel Project Following Accident
By Ed Litvak in Lower East Side News, Real Estate on January 17, 2014 11:46 am

Quote:
Work crews are back on the job at 180 Orchard St. hotel project, after the Department of Buildings shut down the construction site 10 days ago. A 24-story Hotel Indigo is going up on a stretch of Orchard just below East Houston Street that has been a nuisance to neighbors for at least a decade now. A full “stop work order” was served January 6, after a five-foot piece of wood came crashing down on a car parked on Ludlow Street.

Also...

Permits indicate that this tower is:
Building Height (ft.): 262

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Jan 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 6:53 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 180 Orchard St | 262 FT | 23 FLOORS

Orchard Street Hell Building Tops Out, Ten Years In
Monday, March 10, 2014, by Jeremiah Budin

[Photo via Bowery Boogie]

Quote:
180 Orchard Street, better known as the Orchard Street Hell Building, has topped out after only a decade of halting construction, demolition, stop work orders, chunks of wood falling onto parked cars, and other such development nightmares. Somehow, it seems like it was longer.

Despite its past problems, the Orchard Street Hell Building has finally reached its full height of 23 stories and it has never looked better, looming as it is behind Katz's Delicatessen like some kind of monstrous half-tower. The building, of course, is not yet complete (if you couldn't tell), and this is far from the end of the road for one of Manhattan's most unfortunate projects. Still, it is a major milestone, so congratulations to the Orchard Street Hell Building for doing something that isn't objectively terrible (debatably).

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 5:57 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Bowery Boogie:

Orchard Hell Building Reveals Fancy Brick Facade
Posted on: March 27th, 2014 at 6:08 am by Elie

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Jun 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 1:15 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Bowery Boogie:

The Orchard Hell Building (aka ‘Indigo LES’) Will Have a 13th Floor Pool Bar and Exploit Lee Quinones
Posted on: May 28th, 2014 at 5:11 am by Elie

Photo: SBJ Group

Quote:
The notorious Orchard Hell Building, soon to be rechristened “Indigo LES,” is described thusly by its architect, the Stephen B. Jacobs Group: “The proportions and materials of the brick base of the building respond to the existing context, while the contemporary metal-clad and glass tower above is a beacon in this rapidly changing neighborhood.” More like a beacon of gentrification; others will follow.

The SBJ website recently received a makeover, and now the project description affords some additional details (and renderings) about the Hotel Indigo. Namely that the 24-story, 300-room hotel will host a “venue” of sorts on the thirteenth floor that will include a large outdoor space with bar and pool. Kind of an unlucky floor for that, no? (Will the elevator go to 13?)

Quote:
This 24-story, 158,000 sf, InterContinental Hotels Group Indigo brand property is located in New York City’s famous Lower East Side. The proportions and materials of the brick base of the building respond to the existing context, while the contemporary metal-clad and glass tower above is a beacon in this rapidly changing neighborhood. The 300-room Indigo L.E.S. is infused with street art, and follows the ascension of the movement from subway, to street, to gallery. The hotel’s collection includes current works from the Lower East Side’s own Lee Quinones. The ground floor double-height art gallery links Orchard and Ludlow streets and leads the guest to express elevators that connect to the main lobby located on the 12th floor with its unobstructed panoramic views of the city. The 13th floor rooftop venue includes a bar, a large outdoor space, and a pool. The all glass enclosed upper floors of the building house a 2-story duplex hospitality suite with terraces.

Photo: SBJ Group

Old Posted May 3, 2015, 12:51 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hotel Indigo on Orchard Street Delayed Until September 2015; Retail Hype

Quote:
Hell, what’s another six months when the project has already run a decade and cost countless millions in both currency and complaints. So it is with the Hotel Indigo on Orchard Street, which continues to live up to its Hell Building nickname.

According to the booking website, the 23-story lodge won’t start accepting reservations until “on or after September 20, 2015.”

Plans call for a lobby bar and dining area on the fourteenth floor, as well as a larger 195-seat restaurant on fifteen. Attached to fifteen are two terraces – the East with capacity of 25 and the West with a pool (closes at 5pm) and space for 140.
==============================
http://www.boweryboogie.com/2015/03/...e-coming-soon/

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 3:32 PM

IHG And BCRE Open Flagship Hotel Indigo® Hotel In New York City's Glamorous Lower East Side

Quote:
ATLANTA, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world's leading hotel companies, and Brack Capital Real Estate (BCRE) announce the opening of the Hotel Indigo® brand's third New York City hotel, the 293-room flagship Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York. Located at 171 Ludlow Street, the hotel sits in the heart of one of Manhattan's most storied neighborhoods. Enriched with the culture of its first inhabitants, arts and creative exploration, the Lower East Side (LES) is filled with the most dynamic spots in NYC today.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive