: Block 256 is where Macy's currently sits (for now). The department store closed officially on Feb. 17th. The building has been gutted out and is set to come down on Sept. 22nd.
After the building comes down, a tower will take its place. Renderings are not yet available, but here's a few things that we know so far:
- Believed to begin construction the end of this year or ealry next year
- 23-Stories, said to look like an elliptical prism
- Developer: Hines
- Park like area on the roof top floor
- Does not take up the entire block
- Retail included
- December 2015 completion date
- Tenant: Hilcorp Energy
The info comes from HAIF user DrLan34
, below is a Swamplot article from June that confirms Hilcorp will build a tower on the site.