HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 2:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 29-32 Northern Blvd | 473 FT | 44 FLOORS

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/11/...nd-city-tower/

Rabsky proposes 44-story Long Island City tower

November 18, 2013
Mark Maurer

Quote:
Brooklyn developer Rabsky Development, headed by Simon Dushinsky, plans to build a 44-story residential tower with 415 units in Long Island City.

The building is slated to rise at 29-32 Northern Boulevard, near Queens Boulevard. It will feature first-floor commercial space and a 43rd-floor pool and lounge, as well as parking, a fitness center and bicycle storage. The residential component could either be rentals or condominiums.

Dushinsky paid $35 million for the lot. Stephen B. Jacobs Group was tapped as architect of record, BuzzBuzzHome reported.

http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2013/11...land-city.html

The Rabsky Group to bring 44 story residential tower to Long Island City

By: Sean MacKay
November 18, 2013

Quote:
The tower will be located near Queens Boulevard and, according to the DOB permit dated 11/15/2013, will contain 415 units. SBJ Group is listed as the Architect of Record for the project. The new DOB proposal says the building will include bike storage, parking, commercial space on the first floor, an exercise room, pool, lounge on the 43rd floor and a roof amenity.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 9:38 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 29-32 Northern Boulevard
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON NOVEMBER 20TH 2013 AT 3:30 PM

Quote:
Most of the site is a vacant lot, but a small building is also on the property, and must be demolished before excavation can begin.

29-32 Northern Boulevard is close to several other construction sites, and is immediately around the corner from two new hotels on Queens Plaza North; beyond sharing a neighborhood, the three developments have another commonality, which is proximity to the Dutch Kills Green. The park seems to be playing a factor in the immediate vicinity’s revival, and goes a long way towards remediating the lack of green space in Long Island City.

The developer of 29-32 Northern Boulevard is listed as Simon Dushinsky, and the architect of record is the SBJ Group. While the lot is currently vacant, construction should soon begin; the Court Square skyline will soon be dominated by cranes, and 29-32 Northern Boulevard will be fairly prominent until new infill developments surround the site. In addition to apartments, the development will have 13,000 square feet of retail space.

No completion date has been announced – and permits were literally filed last week – but construction should begin in the not-too-distant future.

29-32 Northern Boulevard - the remaining building

29-32 Northern Boulevard – the existing lot

DoB File: PLAN EXAM - IN PROCESS 11/18/2013 (H)
Building Height (ft.): 473
Building Stories: 44
Dwelling Units: 415

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 12:33 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Simon Baron to buy LIC development site for $54M
Property near Queens Plaza was purchased just last year for $35M by Rabsky Group
By Katherine Clarke February 19, 2014 04:15PM

Simon Baron and 29-26 Northern Boulevard

Quote:
Simon Baron Development has signed a contract to buy a Long Island City development site for around $54 million, The Real Deal has learned.

The company is buying the 400,000-buildable-square-foot site at 29-26 Northern Boulevard near Queens Plaza from Simon Dushinsky’s Rabsky Group, which acquired it for $35 million last fall, sources said. The deal is expected to close in April.

Rabsky had begun to develop the site into a 44-story, 400-unit residential rental apartment building with commercial space on the ground floor. The building was to be designed by architectural firm, SBJ Group, which designed the Edge condominiums in Williamsburg. Simon Baron will likely stick with the designs laid out by Rabsky, sources said.

The building is expected to include bike storage, parking, an exercise room, a pool and a roof deck.
Matthew Baron, a principal at Simon Baron, declined to comment on the deal. It does not appear that any brokers were involved in the transaction.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 1:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Simon Baron will likely stick with the designs laid out by Rabsky, sources said.

44 floors is still a decent height for the area.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 12:45 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: 29-26 Northern Boulevard
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 1ST 2014 AT 7:00 AM

29-26 Northern Boulevard, image via the SBJ Group

Quote:
The slew of renderings from the Stephens B. Jacobs Group continues; the firm has released another set of images for a new tower that will soon rise at 29-26 Northern Boulevard, in Long Island City. The Real Deal reported on the site’s acquisition by Simon Baron Development last month, and the lot was bought from the Rabsky Group for $54 million.

[...]

Per the DOB filings, 29-26 Northern Boulevard will total 382,120 square feet. 13,579 square feet will be dedicated to ground-floor retail, while the remainder will be divided between 415 apartments. The building will stand 45 stories and 473 feet tall, making it one of the most prominent towers in the Court Square vicinity.

SBJ’s website indicates that 29-26 Northern Boulevard — which is a mouthful — has been dubbed ‘QE7′ by the developer, which is apparently a take on the design concept and the building’s location, which is near the Q, E, and 7 trains. Specifically, SBJ describes the project as an “urban vertical cruise ship,” with amenities that will include “a two-story fitness center on the 2nd and 4th floors with lounge, gym, spa, climbing wall, pool, and [an] outdoor 5v5 soccer pitch,” in addition to “a covered outdoor half-court basketball court [...] and a rooftop bar and lounge.”

[...]

No completion date for 29-26 Northern Boulevard has been announced.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 1:06 PM
New Yorker for life

I hope it glows in the night like that.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 2:33 PM
Show me the blueprints

Looks cool but I'm more distracted by the rendered NJT/Septa Comet cars on the elevated.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Oct 16, 2014, 12:36 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Excavation to Begin at 29-26 Northern Boulevard in Long Island City

Quote:
29-26 Northern Boulevard: Applications have been filed to begin excavation at the site of a planned 45-story and 415-unit residential building — with 13,579 square feet of retail — spanning 29-26 – 29-32 Northern Boulevard, in Long Island City. An existing two-story structure was approved for demolition in August, and the majority of the site is vacant.
==================================
OCTOBER 15TH 2014
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/10/dob...city-more.html

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 7:28 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 4:01 AM

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 5:19 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Great updates ILNY! There are other sites you probably walked by (south and east of Jackson Avenue), but the threads are buried on here!

Found some:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=200245

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=203418

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215793

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Sep 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 4:46 AM

^ Thanks for the links Hypothalamus ! Its too much going on and I missed some sites...oh well, will get to them next time.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 7:38 PM

This is fantastic looking! It will fit in nicely in LIC's booming skyline.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 3:47 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
^ Thanks for the links Hypothalamus ! Its too much going on and I missed some sites...oh well, will get to them next time.
No worries. Awesome update as always!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 5:46 AM

Under construction.

Old Posted May 1, 2016, 4:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Can this be moved to construction?

Another one going up in LIC.

Old Posted May 1, 2016, 11:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
The last time we stopped by 29-26 Northern Boulevard in July, we noted that excavation was underway at the site. When we stopped by last week, we saw that foundation work has moved quickly, and rebar is starting to sprout from the ground, as seen in the photo below.

The skyscraper, which will be 45-stories when finished, will be another massive mixed-used project when it delivers in summer of 2018. Here are more details on the project from YIMBY:

Per the DOB filings, 29-26 Northern Boulevard will total 382,120 square feet. 13,579 square feet will be dedicated to ground-floor retail, while the remainder will be divided between 415 apartments. The building will stand 45 stories and 473 feet tall, making it one of the most prominent towers in the Court Square vicinity.
=============================
http://liccourtsquare.com/2016/04/29...ern-boulevard/

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 7:06 PM
New Yorker for life

A walk through LIC and various developments...

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/5/5/115948...evelopment-nyc

Old Posted Jun 19, 2016, 12:16 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 11:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: nyc1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive