HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

220 West 41st Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 2:06 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 220 West 41st St | 298 FT | 30 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 220 West 41st Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON DECEMBER 17TH 2013 AT 11:00 AM

Quote:
Down the block from the new 25-story hotel rising at 120 West 41st Street, fresh permits are in place for a new hotel at 220 West 41st Street, which will stand 30 floors. Crain’s reports the developer will be OTO Development, of South Carolina, which permits corroborate; the owner is listed as ‘Palmetto Hospitality of Manhattan,’ and the architect is Helpern.

The lot’s entirety spans between 220 and 246 West 41st Street, so the new structure will have a relatively significant presence on the block. With 300 rooms, the building will stand 298 feet tall; since it will not puncture the skyline, the relevant aesthetics will be how the project interacts with the pedestrian sphere. It will sit between 7th and 8th Avenues, in one of the densest neighborhoods of New York City, and anything short of a stand-out design will be unnoticeable.

Helpern’s recent work is impressive, especially considering that 220 West 41st Street’s general ‘category’ is dominated by architecture that tends towards banal. If the firm’s portfolio is any indication, OTO’s latest development will be a notch above the typical Midtown hotel.

With permits ready and the lot cleared for construction, work on the project should be completed by 2016.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

It'll be pretty much the same height as the neighboring building, so yeah, definitely not a skyline changer. It does have the plus of having taken out a parking garage though.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2014, 6:38 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Under Construction:

As of February 23rd, 2014...
Photo Credit: EastMillinocket @ WNY

©EastMillinocket

©EastMillinocket

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Feb 25, 2014 at 7:15 PM.

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 7:31 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

NEW YORK | 220 West 41st St | 332 FT | 30 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: 220 West 41st Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 12TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM

Quote:
The first renderings are up for a new hotel at 220 West 41st Street, which has also risen well above ground level in recent months; Palmetto Hospitality is the building’s developer, and Helpern is the architect of record.

[...]

Permits indicate that 220 West 41st Street will soon stand 30 stories tall, with a rooftop 298 feet above street level. Additional bulkheads will push the final height to 332 feet, and on the inside, the building will have 300 rooms.

[...]

220 West 41st Street — image by Helpern

220 West 41st Street — image by Helpern

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 3:38 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Complete

= = = = = = = =

Quote:
Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square Central
220 West 41st St., New York, New York, 10036-7203, USA TEL: +1-212-221-1188 FAX: +1-212-221-1199

This new hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in June 2015.
Here is the hotel website with pics of the inside: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...FHX/index.html

Some images of the rooms in the new hotel: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...ons/index.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive