HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 5:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Then who is incorrect?

---------

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the city’s core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

https://datasolutions.altusgroup.com...s-canada-2017/

--------

The skyrocketing popularity of the Ice District’s Sky Residences helped Edmonton new multi-family home sales more than double during last year, a new report shows.

Sales of new condominiums and town houses rose to 766 in the last three months of 2017 from 323 in the same period of 2016, according to information released Tuesday by research firm Urban Analytics.

Much of that increase was fuelled by the 242 condos sold in the Sky Residences being built on the upper half of the 66-storey Stantec Tower, which became available to the general public at the end of October.

“The project’s location adjacent to Rogers Place arena, appealing views from all residential units (which start on the 31st level), combined with luxury finishing specifications, drew many local and out-of-province buyers,” the report says.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business/...-sales-soaring
Who's incorrect you ask Ian? Mr.Judge Dredd is....wait? But doesn't he know everything about everything? On 2nd thought.....lol

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 6:47 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLac View Post
Who's incorrect you ask Ian? Mr.Judge Dredd is....wait? But doesn't he know everything about everything? On 2nd thought.....lol
I guy that is straight to the point or a guy that's forever a salesman ... hmmm.

The first article. How is that that relevant to Stantec? The second ... article ... OMG sales! Did I imply there weren't any? I implied that 242 of roughly 500 units is mediocre for the months it has been selling. Y'know, The rate of sales is not going increase as more time goes by from the initial offering. I'm sure these numbers are equally disappointing to One Properties/Katz considering the incentives they have been throwing at investors to buy since before October.

Forget it. 50% sold after three month of public release and many more before that is fucking awesome. Ditto for The One.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
...[Historical opinion on Edmonton from December, 2013...] There may be an opportunity for a new tallest (well under 200 metres) there but, I don't see the closure of the airport having that much of an impact on heights over the 140 metre range.
How could you have been so wrong????

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 9:27 PM

Well, without that darn airport, a strong likelihood exists that dt Edmonton would have sported many imposing towers. What many forgot or simply do not realize is of the strong economic driver that the Edmonton region is and the GDP numbers it pumps out, sometimes having topped all Canadian cities.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM

WhipperSnapper seems to have a bizarre hatred for anything Edmonton related.

Never comments on anything unless it's a chance to get a shot in and denigrate what's transpiring in the city.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 10:18 PM

WhipperSnapper posts like that on every city, don't take it personally.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
WhipperSnapper posts like that on every city, don't take it personally.

Only do that when he uses your actual name in an insult.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Anyone else curious what the Judge does for a living? I'd suspect a janitor or fare collector for the TTC....assuming he lives in TO....

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:49 PM

Probably more successful than all of us.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:55 PM
I am the law!

Yeesh.

Forum has blown up because I don't find 50% sold after 3 months of public release glowing.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:03 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEinEDMONTON View Post
How could you have been so wrong????
I actually don't have a crystal ball. I was going by the numbers. Katz got an unbelievable deal that allowed him to build the Ice District so I hope you do like it because you're also paying for it.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:13 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkd View Post
WhipperSnapper seems to have a bizarre hatred for anything Edmonton related.

Never comments on anything unless it's a chance to get a shot in and denigrate what's transpiring in the city.

The irony is what makes things so entertaining around here. It's the supporters of Katz's deal that are selling Edmonton short. I'm the proponent saying the market would have done it without it in its own time.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:18 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLac View Post
Anyone else curious what the Judge does for a living? I'd suspect a janitor or fare collector for the TTC....assuming he lives in TO....
Is that seriously the best you can do? As if a janitor or fare collector can spend 10 hours a day on SSP. No imagination.

BTW, Fare collector would be a ton of fun until Peter Gallagher comes and sweeps me off my feet.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 1:59 AM
gettin' rich!

Whippersnapper is a multimillionaire.

I learned the hard way, he has worked in the big banks consulting, and he also has various real estate holdings in Canada and USA.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:27 AM

If whippersnapper put his money where his mouth is on the forum, he would no longer be a multimillionaire.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:42 AM
I am the law!

coming out in droves now spouting rhetoric like a politician over a funny and reality. Katz won't be losing his shirt if no units sold in Stantec. 50% sold IS mediocre. It's not the end of the world but, it not awesome as you fanboys want to believe it to be. Even at a unit a day, it'll take another 7 to 8 months. During that time other projects will be in the limelight. Maybe even Aldritt and that BMO tower Cold is all but guaranteeing like Healy several years ago.

Right itom987. I'm that annoying thorn in your side and all these other people that have to throw in their two cents because I'm usually wrong with I say.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 3:18 AM

Nobody on this forum said that condos in Stantec tower have been selling like hot cakes, but they are selling twice as fast as you claimed they were. 50% sold IS mediocre for Toronto. You keep forgetting that Stantec tower will still be the tallest building in Edmonton's skyline, commanding attention until Aldritt tower gets built. Even then, Stantec tower can still compete with Aldritt tower because of location, location, location.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:08 PM
I am the law!

Twice as fast as I claimed? Where?

It didn't even compute that someone may find 50% less than glowing. I don't care if you disgree but, have some respect. Don't fucking think I hadn't seen those articles previously and was just pulling shit from my ass.

What does it matter if it's Edmonton or Toronto? Toronto is bigger but, there's also may more projects competing to be heard. I haven't been comparing Stantec to one of these tower that sells out before the public offering like the first Ice District tower either.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Feb 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
According to UT members, a National Putz article is reporting The One as only 55% sold to date. Should we worry?
That was an advertisement apparently

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...0#post-1306484

Urbanation reporting that it sold 72% (300 units) in Q4 2017 alone

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 3:41 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
The irony is what makes things so entertaining around here. It's the supporters of Katz's deal that are selling Edmonton short. I'm the proponent saying the market would have done it without it in its own time.
It would have, there was a need for better product in Edmonton, and it would have been delivered regardless. New apartment towers would have gone up regardless. Downtown would have slowly kept improving regardless.

What I find telling is that the Globe reported on the sale of the towers several days ago the local media has been absolutely silent. While we see fluff pieces like the one posted almost every other day (It's pretty much Gordon Kent's job to fluff Edmontonians) no one is willing to talk objectively about the development. They never have been. I think it just demonstrates the lack of maturity here when it comes to these types of things.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada