HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

San Remo in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 7:51 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | San Remo | 200m | 61 fl

Quote:
Project Name: SAN REMO APARTMENTS (Jersey City, NJ)
inShare

Stage: PLANNING

PRIVATE Project

Bid Date:
Pre-Bid Meeting Date: Register for FREE access here to find out the pre-bid meeting date (and mandatory pre-bid meetings, too!)
Construction Report #: NJ Y103000501
Contracting Method: GC Bids (By Invitation Only)

Construction Type: New Construction
County: Hudson

- See more at: http://constructiondatacompany.com/c....9PssUP2F.dpuf
=============================
http://constructiondatacompany.com/c...ersey-city-nj/

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 3:41 PM

HAHAHA! Another one!!! Jersey City's high-rise development boom has officially gone nuclear.

I really like this design too. Would love to see a list of all planned development. Too hard to keep up.

I logged on today to post ANOTHER JC tower, although this one is a tad less than 60 floors..

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 5:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
HAHAHA! Another one!!! Jersey City's high-rise development boom has officially gone nuclear.

I really like this design too. Would love to see a list of all planned development. Too hard to keep up.

I logged on today to post ANOTHER JC tower, although this one is a tad less than 60 floors..
Yes sir. I was looking before I posted this to make sure it didn't have a thread, and I was like holy crap, 600ft which is 200m in JC. The Manhatten infleunce is spreading. Now, we need more of this in Newark. I think it will be only a matter of time before this development virus spreads to Newark. In this case, this virus is awesome.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 6:24 PM

If there was ever an area of the county that could benefit from new residential skyscrapers, along with the little bit of gentrification that tends to come with these developments, it's Newark.

So much potential, but such a bad reputation. Enough with the office developments where people commute in from the suburbs and race home before 6pm. Get some residential mega developments built using Penn Station and PATH as the catalyst. Harrison is building, so why not Newark. The Ironbound is a great neighborhood. Expand on that strength into downtown.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2014, 2:04 AM

There must be something like two dozen 600 ft+ towers planned for Jersey City. Pretty impressive.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 6:47 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: The San Remo
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MARCH 18TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM

The site for the San Remo next to the Monaco Towers -- via Google Maps

Quote:
New plans have been unveiled for the long-stalled development dubbed The San Remo in Jersey City, which is not to be confused with the original building on the Upper West Side. The project — which is being built by Mack-Cali — was originally slated to begin construction prior to the recession, but economic conditions halted progress.

Since entering hibernation, The San Remo’s design has seen a dramatic shift; the initial plans were conceived by SLCE as part of a larger project, which includes The Monaco Towers. The recession killed the first version, and Humphreys & Partners — the firm responsible for the design of City Center Towers in Journal Square — has been brought in to helm the revived development.

The change in plans has been beneficial to the tower’s aesthetics, and the new version is taller and sleeker than the old. The development’s ‘Monaco’ towers were completed in 2011, and the latest addition will be a decided contrast to the first phase of construction; while The San Remo’s appearance won’t be knock-out, it will still be palatable for mass-market luxury housing on the Jersey City waterfront.

A PDF via Humphreys’ & Partners website has additional details on the tower’s specifications; it will rise 61 floors, and hold 518 apartments. Units will range from studios to two-bedrooms, and in terms of size, residences will vary from 380 to 920 square feet.

No completion date has been announced, but given the new plans, construction is likely imminent. Mack Cali is also involved in Urban Ready Living – another mega-development set to transform the waterfront — and the collective amount of construction will have an enormous positive impact on Jersey City.

Old plans for The San Remo — image via SLCE

The San Remo — image via Humphreys & Partners

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:08 AM

New Design?

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:10 AM
DENNAB

Oooh baby

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:26 AM
Show me the blueprints

Well it's obviously the opposite side but it also looks different on the sides, specifically no balconies on the new rendering.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:49 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Looks like a giant inhaler.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 4:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Summary of Land Holdings/Pre-Development
As of June 30, 2014

Quote:
Pre-Development Location: San Remo

Anticipated
Construction
Start: 1Q-2016
============================
Various start dates of projects in Jersey City. See the link for more details.

Source: http://www.mack-cali.com/development-land-sites

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
New Design?

I think this is a preliminary rendering. The other one has many more details.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yes its preliminary. The project may still undergo changes, as its not expected to even begin construction for two years or so. A lot can change.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:37 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I like the rendering from the curved side better. The inset balconies on the "first" rendering break up the form of the setbacks.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
If there was ever an area of the county that could benefit from new residential skyscrapers, along with the little bit of gentrification that tends to come with these developments, it's Newark.
So much potential, but such a bad reputation. Enough with the office developments where people commute in from the suburbs and race home before 6pm. Get some residential mega developments built using Penn Station and PATH as the catalyst. Harrison is building, so why not Newark. The Ironbound is a great neighborhood. Expand on that strength into downtown.
It's coming. Trust.

Old Posted May 9, 2015, 6:22 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction looks like it has been postponed an extra year to 2017 versus the original planned time frame of Q1 /2016.

mack-cali: https://www.mack-cali.com/development/land-sites/

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Construction looks like it has been postponed an extra year to 2017 versus the original planned time frame of Q1 /2016.

mack-cali: https://www.mack-cali.com/development/land-sites/
Looks like they're focusing their attention on Harborside.

It's absolutely vital that these lease up quick. Every developer in the area will be rushing to Jersey City to get a piece of the action. Phase 1 is expected to be completed this time next year. If it leases up quick, San Remo will not be far behind.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2015, 5:07 PM

San Remo is no longer listed on Mack Cali's website, which is very odd since it's been published that Mack Cali is ditching the suburbs to focus on Jersey City and New Jersey's gold coast.

Quote:
Big win for Jersey City: Mack Cali to move headquarters as it zeroes in on Gold Coast

JERSEY CITY—Real estate giant Mack-Cali Realty Corp. has set its sights on the Gold Coast, announcing plans to move its headquarters to Jersey City and expand along the Hudson River.

The real estate management firm plans to move its headquarters from Edison to Jersey City by the first half of 2016, the company said in a release. The move is just part of the firm's latest efforts to focus on waterfront properties in Jersey City, Weehawken, Hoboken and West New York.

"People today want to live, work, and play in the same area," Chief Executive Officer Mitchell Rudin said in a statement.

The company's initiative comes at a time of heightened interest in the Gold Coast, a name used to describe municipalities along a 19-mile stretch of the Hudson River. A large part of the area's allure, as Mack-Cali points out in its announcement, is its proximity to mass transit and its staggering views of the New York City skyline.

By 2018, Mack-Cali wants to more than double its residential units to 14,843.

The firm and Ironstate Developing Company are currently developing URL (Urban Ready Life) Harborside, a 69-story, 763-unit project. Nearby, another Mack-Cali project, M2, is also underway. A $25 million "repositioning" of its Harborside properties in Jersey City will include adding retailers, restaurants, fitness centers, and incubator and communal workspaces, the company said.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop said he is "thrilled" that Mack-Cali has decided to relocate its headquarters to Jersey City.

"Over the past two years, businesses have made way for roughly 10,000 new jobs in Jersey City, and each one is more exciting than the last," he said in a statement. "We're very glad to be adding Mack-Cali jobs to the list."
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...city_as_i.html

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 1:50 AM

Is San Remo dead? Q1 2016 construction start but nothing since. Anyone know the address?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 2:27 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its on Washington Boulevard. Near Newport mall.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects