HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

3 Journal Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 3:55 PM

JERSEY CITY | 3 Journal Square Plaza | 130 FT | 13 FLOORS

Jersey City, especially the Journal Square neighborhood, is a hotbed for new high-rise development proposals. This is a much small development than the ones we've seen in the past week. It will still play an important role of helping to revitalize the community, which will involve the redevelopment of an un-pedestrian friendly parking garage. The proposed development is located across the street to the Journal Square transportation, a 60-second walk. PATH subway trains at Journal Square take about 12 minutes to Midtown Manhattan or the World Trade Center during weekdays.

Image courtesy of NJ.com.

Quote:
A 13-story, 240-unit residential project set for Journal Square, the latest housing development planned for the Jersey City neighborhood, has received a $19.2 million tax break from the state.

The luxury rentals will be built next to an existing office building and above an existing parking dark that was developed in 1984 by Hartz Mountain, which is helping to develop the new building with former local Democratic bigwig Joe Panepinto and Garden State Development Inc.

Gus Milano, Hartz managing director, said the project was originally going to an office building. But with rents rising Downtown, and the PATH hub just down the street, developers saw a “wonderful opportunity” to convert it to residential, Milano said.

“We think that Journal Square has a lot of potential,” he said. “We’re delighted that other developers think that.”

The developers hope to begin construction next spring, with an anticipated opening in winter 2015. They expect to create 400 construction jobs.
More images and text at the following link: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ial_tower.html

Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 5:18 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Nice. I think the original office building proposal is in SSP database here:

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=18658

Here's more pics of the site:

The office building (2 Journal Sq) is staying:

The parking garage as of Dec. 13, 2013:

©Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 9:34 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

NJ:

Tale of 2 highrises: One abatement advances, another withdrawn in Jersey City

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
April 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Quote:
[...]

The council withdrew an ordinance which sought a 30-year tax abatement for a project consisting of a 13-story mixed use building on top of the existing parking deck at 3 Journal Square.

It would include 240 market rate residences and 2,400 square feet of mixed use space on the ground floor, according to the text of the ordinance.

The project received site plan approval from the city Planning Board on Dec. 4, 2012.

[...]

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 2:41 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Title update: JERSEY CITY | 3 Journal Square Plaza | 130 FT | 13 FLOORS

13-Story, 240-Unit Mixed-Use Building Revealed At 3 Journal Square Plaza, Jersey City

BY: REID WILSON
AUGUST 18, 2015

Quote:
Last November, developers Hartz Mountain and Panepinto Properties received a 30-year tax break for their 13-story, 240-unit mixed-use project at 3 Journal Square Plaza, in Jersey City’s Journal Square neighborhood. Marchetto Higgins Stieve Architects is designing the building, which YIMBY can now reveal.

[...]

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 3:27 PM
Show me the blueprints

It's not a bad looking building but anything other than a highrise sitting on top of a transport hub as this seems inapt and shortsighted.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Aug 22, 2015, 3:12 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 12:48 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 8:32 PM

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 8:27 PM

Complete

*6/21/17

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 11:24 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ I hope the overhang of that first story isn't the final product. If it is, I have some putty and a drunk 5-year-old at the ready to make it look a little better.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive