HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 27, 2014, 6:44 PM

JERSEY CITY | 65 Bay Street | FT | 50 FLOORS

Another day and another 50 story tower planned for Jersey City. Approved by city. From NY YIMBY

Last night, NJ.com reported on the passage of a tax abatement for a new tower that will rise next to the existing Trump Building in Jersey City, which will soon stand 50 stories tall.

In terms of design, the building looks fairly standard for high-rise housing in Jersey City, though the limited glimpse of the ground level reveals a base that interacts with the street in a Manhattan-like manner, as the entirety of the development will be flush with the sidewalk. As Jersey City continues to densify, encouraging pedestrian-friendly design is a must.

The neighborhood is finally emerging as an actual contender to parts of Manhattan in terms of scale and scope; translating its newfound verticality into an attractive street-scape is the next step, and 65 Bay Street should be an improvement over nearby towers, many of which were built with a suburban mentality.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2014, 7:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some additional renderings:

There are 400 units in this tower.

================================
65 BAY STREET
The KABR Group
http://kabrgroup.com/index.php/galle...-65-bay-street

Old Posted Mar 27, 2014, 7:51 PM

Pretty standard as far as design goes but nothing wrong with that. Pretty decent height for the area, and as Yimby pointed out better at the ground level than most of the stuff nearby.

Jersey City is really going to be something a couple years from now. A decent amount going up on the waterfront and a whole new section/mini skyline in Journal Square.

Last edited by Fardeb; Mar 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 3:39 AM

And yet another twin-towered project was announced this week in Jersey City, for Liberty Harbor North:

Two 44 story towers
-5 story connecting building
-900 residential units (listed as condos)
-14,327 SF of commercial space
-700 parking spaces
-Project will also replace 400' of bulkhead along the the edge of Marin Blvd and Roderman basin to permit construction on an 18' wide public walkway between the basin and Marin Blvd.

Jersey City, pound-for-pound is probably building more highrises than anywhere in the U.S. You have 40-50 floor towers announced on seemingly a weekly basis. Just this week a 50 floor tower next to Trump Tower, twin 44-floor towers in Liberty Harbor North, and a 40 floor tower near Journal Square.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 5:08 AM

Thanks for that Crawford. If I'm like most people, many must be finding it difficult to keep up with the boom.

I started a new thread to keep track. Please feel free to add anything missing from the list.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...43#post6495743

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 5:27 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

NJ.com:

Tax abatement allows 2 Jersey City construction projects to move forward
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
on April 09, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Quote:
A tax abatement approved tonight by the Jersey City City Council will allow two major construction projects to move forward at Journal Square and Downtown.

Scores of union carpenters, electricians, plumbers and other workers were on hand when the council approved the five-year abatement for the proposed 50-story tower to be located at 65 Bay St.

The tower is designed to have 447 units, including retail, and would share the Trump Tower parking deck but add 144 spaces to it.

Council members were adamant that union workers and local workers be employed at the project and a spokesperson for the project said all work at the project will be done by union workers.

[...]

NY YIMBY

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Apr 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 6:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Groundbreaking for Second Trump Plaza Building in Jersey City Expected in June

Quote:
Developers of Trump Plaza in Jersey City, N.J., are gearing up for the ground breaking on the second tower of Trump Plaza in Jersey City after the city council approved a five-year tax abatement on the property last week.

The mixed-use project, located at 65 Bay Street in Jersey City, is being developed by Kushner Companies and KABR and is expected to break ground in June. Once construction begins the project is anticipated to be complete within 30 months.

“With the site plan approvals and tax abatement in place, we’re excited to finally move forward with 65 Bay Street,” Eugene Paolino, partner at Genova Burns Giantomasi Webster, which is providing representation for the developers, tells MHN. “After what has been a challenging development and approvals process, 65 Bay is going to infuse the downtown with an array of new jobs and truly exciting housing options. It’s an all-around win for Jersey City.”

http://www.multihousingnews.com/wp-c.../7th-floor.png

==================================
By Joshua Ayers
http://www.multihousingnews.com/news...004101125.html

Old Posted May 17, 2014, 3:50 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Mayor Fulop is awesome.

The Jersey Journal:

$194 million Trump tower rising in Downtown Jersey City

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on May 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM, updated May 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

Quote:
Officials broke ground today on a new, 50-story luxury residential tower courtesy of developer Jared Kushner and real-estate mogul Donald Trump, one that will rise in the heart of the Powerhouse Arts District.

Called Trump Bay Street, the $193.5 million development, made possible by a partnership between Kushner and KABR Group, is one of a host of new towers rising in the Downtown. Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, said Trump Bay is phase two of a project that started with Trump Plaza, which sits one block west.

"This is really phase two for Jersey City," he said at the groundbreaking ceremony today. "We plan to spend a lot more time here because we think this is a city on the rise."

The tower will feature 447 luxury apartments, 144 parking spaces and 11,000 square feet of retail. A 3,000-square-foot rooftop deck, a "lavishly appointed" spa and a cyber café are among the planned amenities.

The City Council awarded the tower a five-year tax abatement last month that allows the developers to pay no taxes for the first year. The following year, 20 percent of the normal tax payments will be due, and that amount increases by 20 percent until the sixth year, when the abatement will expire.

Mayor Steve Fulop, lavishly praised by Kushner and Adam Altman of KABR Group for being "pro-development," noted that many of the tallest buildings in New Jersey will be in Jersey City in a few years.

"We're growing and we're growing smartly," Fulop said.

Construction is expected to take two years to complete.

Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 2:10 PM

Wow, yet another tower going up... This build boom is crazy. I wonder if it'll be a harder sell to move units in this building than it was the first tower. On the one hand, it's got a better view of Manhattan than the first tower, but on the other hand, that view will soon be blocked by the Urban Ready Living towers, of which, the first phase (will be north of this tower) is already under construction.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 5:50 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 5:52 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The tower has started construction:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3919/...b292d3b2_b.jpg
Credit: drken10003 at Flickr

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 12:38 PM
Mr. Technology

Here we go, mini-Manhattan on the rise!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 8:30 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 3:40 PM

June 5th:

Progress is moving swiftly along. The tower was just foundations 2 months ago! I'm curious about the crane choice. That tower doesn't climb. They're going to have to replace it with another pretty soon.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 1:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Tower u/c on the left.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 3:01 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Jul 27, 2015 at 3:28 AM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 9:39 PM

c/o Humpreys & Partners via FB

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This is coming out great. Props for Mayor Fulop for being pro-development. In terms of JC, its Nueva Yorks primito!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 8:57 PM

As of 8/7:

28.5 floors. Brickwork is nearly complete on new garage, beginning on tower.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2015, 3:22 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive