HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 3:57 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 44-41 Purves St | 308 FT | 25 FLOORS

Another for LIC. 200,000 SQFT is a fairly big building, so lets make the thread!

New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 44-41 Purves Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 3RD 2014 AT 6:00 AM

44-41 Purves on-site rendering; image from The Court Square Blog

Quote:
A series of new permits have been filed for 44-41 Purves Street in Long Island City, which Curbed first reported on back in September of 2012; plans have evidently seen major alterations, and the latest filings with the DOB indicate an increase in the number of planned units. While The Criterion Group was previously listed as the developer, the lot changed hands, and Simon Dushinksy’s Rabsky Group is now heading the site’s construction.

The Court Square Blog posted on-site renderings last month, and the latest permits seem to corroborate the depicted design, though the details behind the project have seen changes. What was initially expected to be a development with multiple components has been consolidated, and 44-41 Purves Street will now stand 25 stories tall, with its 207,595 square feet split between 284 units; the building will be entirely residential.
[...]

Completion of 44-41 Purves Street — which also goes by its alternate address of 44-35 Purves Street — is expected in the winter of 2017.

44-41 Purves zoning diagram, image via the DOB

44-41 Purves site diagram, via the DOB

As of February 3rd, 2014...

44-41 Purves under construction; image from The Court Square Blog

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 3:39 AM

Ahh yeea Queens up in here! What a fascinating building. I'm surprised that the building won't be finished til 2017. It looks like construction has already begun, so what's the deal?

I love all the graffiti in this neighborhood though, and it sucks that the new developments are going to destroy most of it. Oh well though, these developments are going to make LIC such a stronger community. I think it would be cool if some of these new highrises would incorporate some of the old graffiti. I want to see this happen .

Speaking of graffiti, how close is this building to 5 pointz? Is 5 pointz even still standing?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 10:29 PM
That guy on the corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'trolley View Post
Ahh yeea Queens up in here! What a fascinating building. I'm surprised that the building won't be finished til 2017. It looks like construction has already begun, so what's the deal?

I love all the graffiti in this neighborhood though, and it sucks that the new developments are going to destroy most of it. Oh well though, these developments are going to make LIC such a stronger community. I think it would be cool if some of these new highrises would incorporate some of the old graffiti. I want to see this happen .

Speaking of graffiti, how close is this building to 5 pointz? Is 5 pointz even still standing?
5 pointz is only a few blocks down from the site, it is still standing, but looks pretty shitty because all they have done is whiteout all the art. There is some new graffiti, but it is nowhere near as good as the old stuff.

I also love the graffiti, but it seems that most of the new buildings in Court Square are designed to prevent artists from having enough space to create murals. It's sad, but hopefully the art has a revival. I can't imagine LIC without its graffiti.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.- Hermann Göring

Old Posted Dec 17, 2014, 6:14 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Outside facade being installed at 44-41 Purves Street

Quote:
Things are moving at warp speed at 44-35 and 44-51 Purves Street (also known as 44-41 Purves Street).1 Last week, we stopped by and saw that the outside facade is in the process of being installed, with windows covering a small portion of the building. Construction crews on scene told us that the building will likely beat its projected delivery date of the winter of 2017, and will likely be topped out either before the end of this year, or in January 2015.
================================
http://liccourtsquare.com/2014/12/12...purves-street/

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 2:31 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 7:57 AM

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 7:08 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Facade installation nearly complete at 44-41 Purves Street

Quote:
We last stopped by 44-35 and 44-51 Purves Street (also known as 44-41 Purves Street) back in December when facade work had just started on the project.1 Four months later, facade work appears to be more than 75 percent complete. Though signage on scene calls for a winter 2017 delivery, at this rate, the building could deliver at the end of this year.
============================
http://liccourtsquare.com/2015/04/21...purves-street/

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 12:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Outside facade work is complete at 44-41 Purves Street. We last checked in on the project back in April when work was roughly 80 percent done on window installation in the building.1 Though signage on scene calls for a winter 2017 delivery, at this rate, the building could deliver at the end of this year.
=========================
http://liccourtsquare.com/2015/07/16...purves-street/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 3:05 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Full Reveal: 44-41 Purves Street

Posted on August 17, 2015
by CtSqLIC

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 11:57 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

By ILNY

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive