HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Madison House in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 6:17 PM

Smile NEW YORK | 126 Madison Avenue | 805 FT | 66 FLOORS

http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/09/825...th-street.html

Please forgive the presentation here if I haven't formatted correctly, as this is the first time I've actually begun a topic here.

Anyhow, this would be 4 feet taller than 56 Leonard, 48 feet taller than the shard rising on 22nd, and marks IMO Midtown's boldest southward encroachment since One Penn.

Handel Architects is on record for this one. The same firm also is finishing the outer *highly* reflective skin on 160 Madison. i.e. with the 45º profile near ESB..

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 8:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

City is on fire. This is one hell of a boom. Overkill I think, but hey, I don't mind!

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 10:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Expect more of this. It's an area with relatively low height, and these towers don't need very large footprints. The lack of major height in the area opens up more views.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
CONSTRUCT 53 STORY MIXED USE BUILDING

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=02

Quote:
FOUNDATION WORK FOR NEW BUILDING

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=03

Quote:
STRUCTURAL WORK FOR NEW BUILDING

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=04

Quote:
MECHANICAL, PLUMBING AND BOILER WORK FOR NEW BUILDING

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 11:54 PM

Lots of development sites in this part of town, and nowadays this part of Manhattan is more desirable than traditional residential highrise districts.

And the zoning is generous. Hopefully this will be one of many.

I'm guessing we get something modernist and glassy. The developer, J.D Carlisle, only does modernist projects, I think, and the designer, Handel Architects, is all about glassy, modern stuff.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Lots of development sites in this part of town, and nowadays this part of Manhattan is more desirable than traditional residential highrise districts.

And the zoning is generous. Hopefully this will be one of many.

I'm guessing we get something modernist and glassy. The developer, J.D Carlisle, only does modernist projects, I think, and the designer, Handel Architects, is all about glassy, modern stuff.
There is probably a different design architect, as this is likely condos (average apt sizes of over 1,500SF), though the # of units would suggest something that is not extraordinarily expensive. I would guess it will resemble a skinny glass shard given similar product like One Madison, 45 E 22nd, 50 West, and 101 Murray.

Handel normally handles rentals and the lower-end condo stuff, but if this is indeed condos, it will not be lower-end.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
Handel normally handles rentals and the lower-end condo stuff, but if this is indeed condos, it will not be lower-end.
You're probably right. Anything close to Madison Square is very high end nowadays, so it will be very expensive, probably rather large, condos.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 3:20 AM

And the garage directly across 30th Street is being sold and redeveloped. This will be a separate residential project, probably also a high-end condo tower.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 9:10 AM
New Yorker for life

For location purposes, here's the site...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 11:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Listed among the newbies...

http://www.6sqft.com/living-in-the-c...he-sky-part-i/

Living in the Clouds: 50 New York Residential Towers Poised to Scrape the Sky (Part I)

OCTOBER 2, 2014
BY ONDEL HYLTON

Quote:
15 East 30th Street

NoMad
JD Carlisle | Handel Architects
53 floors | 825 feet
188 Units

Image shown for massing purposes only

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 12:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Footprint, which touches 30th, 31st, and Madison, in relationship to area...

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 7:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 19, 2014, 3:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Units will run from floors 5 - 51, four per floor, with the top two floors being mechanical....

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES058929506

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 9:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 11:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New permit:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
Date Filed: 04/14/2015

[...]

11 Job Description
DEMOLTION OF A 5 STORY BUILDING
Related BIS Job Numbers:
Primary application Job Number:

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 2:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 126 Madison Avenue | FT | 47 FLOORS

Quote:
Chinese conglomerate Fosun Group said Thursday it is planning to develop a luxury condominium in Manhattan, its second real estate foray in New York City as it ramps up its overseas expansion plans and diversifies its global real estate holdings.

The Shanghai-based firm said in an emailed statement its unit Fosun Property will co-develop a 47-story residential tower at 126 Madison Avenue with JD Carlisle LLC. Fosun didn't provide financial details of the investment in New York.

Fosun said the residential tower, currently in the design and planning stage, will attract local and international buyers. “Fosun is confident that this property will be viewed internationally as another iconic New York City tower,” said Alex Gong, executive president of Fosun Property.

In 2013, Fosun Group bought One Chase Manhattan Plaza in downtown Manhattan for $725 million from J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., and renamed the 60-story tower 28 Liberty.

Apart from New York, Fosun Property has been acquiring real-estate assets and property-management platforms abroad in recent years, including asset management firm IDERA in Japan, and office buildings in London, Sydney, Tokyo and Lisbon. Its latest office tower acquisition was 73 Miller Street in Sydney.
===============================
http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-f...ork-1430356103

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Nice! This is 15 E 30th St.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
Nice! This is 15 E 30th St.
I think that's a different project. This tower is at Madison and 31st street, a block to the northeast.

15 E. 30th Street is a block to the south, and doesn't front on Madison. It's on the north side of the block between 5th and Madison, and a very narrow midblock site.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:31 PM
BANNED

It's the same project. JD Carlisle has parcels on 30th, 31st, and it acquired 126 Mad too, which is in the middle of the block.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
It's the same project. JD Carlisle has parcels on 30th, 31st, and it acquired 126 Mad too, which is in the middle of the block.
I'll take your word for it, but I don't see how it's possible. 15 East 30th isn't contiguous with 126 Madison, and there's a landmarked building separating the two lots.

I'm guessing these are two separate projects. Looking at the lot lines, I don't see how this is one assemblage. And the footprint would have to be gigantic.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:41 PM
BANNED

15 E 30th is contiguous with the 31st St parcels. JDC apparently bought 126 Mad. To give the building a Mad Ave address.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive