HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:20 PM

This is interesting. SAP filed for a pocket park at 1100 Howell Mill (White Provisions). Any idea where this might actually go? The little grass area next to Brash?

"The proposed plan is to preserve all of the existing trees and transform the corner into a pocket park with more interest and offerings that currently exist."

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:23 PM

SAP filed for 6 story apartments with commercial in Kirkwood, at 116 Rogers. Is this part of the Pullman Yard development?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:29 PM

Grady filed a land development permit for a new surgical center. The project site is located at 99 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE, bordered by Jesse Hill to the east, Gilmer Street to the south, and Piedmont Avenue to the west. HOK is the architect. This could be big, with a $100,000,000 price tag and a total of 556,000 square feet (including parking deck).

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 5:35 PM

That Grady is a shocker! Didn’t know they had the funds budgeted for a new surgical center. I know a lot of people hated the addition with the triangular green shapes when first built, but it looks so nice when driving the connector. I hope this addition is similar in design. Grady actually looks nice as you drive through the city compared to what most large inner city hospitals look like that I’ve seen in east coast and larger southern cities.

The site you mention is currently an antiquated steel/concrete parking deck of 2 or 3 floors is it not?

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 26, 2019 at 5:58 PM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 6:10 PM

^Yes, see starting on page 50 of this document. Demolition of existing parking deck and a Fulton County building; construction of new building. Parking deck may be integrated or separate, but integrated is "preferred and recommended." Proposal is 11 stories.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 6:30 PM

The apartments on Northside drive north of 10th street are moving forward. They just filed a building permit for land development today.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 6:35 PM

Thanks for the info! This looks like a great proposal. Even states the deck to deck height for the parking floors needs to be 15’ so deck can be repurposed in the future for hospital or office use. Wouldn’t it be amazing if Emory would do same with their new decks in midtown.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 12:21 PM

Guys—regardless of your views on ATL3K can we please shut up? It's like every month someone has to bring him up—either in defense or bemoaning his credibility. Just leave it alone.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 2:10 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tation-ap.html

Quote:
Goldman Sachs is buying into the big Atlantic Station makeover.

A real estate affiliate of the investment bank paid just over $109 million for Seventeen West, an apartment complex that covers almost 7 acres at Atlantic Station, the mixed-use project in Midtown.

Seventeen West includes hundreds of units along 17th, 18th and Mecaslin streets on the far northwestern edge of the 138-acre Atlantic Station.

Goldman Sachs closed on the purchase of the more than 450-unit apartment buildings June 14, according to Fulton County property records. It paid about $230,500 per unit.

John Hancock Life Insurance was the seller.

CBRE Capital Markets Inc. financed the deal, according to property deeds. CBRE Group Inc.'s Atlanta office brokered it. CF Real Estate Services will be the local operating partner, according to property research firm Databank Inc.

Goldman Sachs has been expanding its portfolio of core-plus real estate in Atlanta, or properties that usually have good occupancy and locations but still have some room for rent growth. It also apparently believes in the upside for Atlantic Station. Owner Hines has launched a sweeping overhaul of the mixed-use development, including the addition of new office towers and retail.

Just east, at 17thand Spring, financial giant Invesco will anchor an office tower at the new Midtown Union.

Just north on Bishop Street, a newly proposed $50 million project would feature office space and retail. It may also include a pedestrian bridge that would help link Atlantic Station to the Loring Heights neighborhood.
Dear Goldman Sachs,

Please do something about all the EIFS.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 7:15 PM

There appeared to be a soil core sampling machine/crew at the southeast corner of Renaissance Pkwy and Courtland this afternoon in the vacant lot.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
There appeared to be a soil core sampling machine/crew at the southeast corner of Renaissance Pkwy and Courtland this afternoon in the vacant lot.
Please! There are so many lots/empty buildings in this area.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
Please! There are so many lots/empty buildings in this area.
What’s the project?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
What’s the project?
No idea. If it's the lot I'm thinking of, it's a large field with a "for sale" sign behind a dubious motel.

It's across the street and slightly down from the Dezhu project that switched from apartments to condos. http://www.dezhuus.com/126-renaissance

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
This type of talk reminds me of the late 60s and 70s when black neighborhoods were bulldozed to make way for so-called urban renewal projects.

Now we have some privileged folks wanting to dismantle middle-class neighborhoods because Atlanta's urban core doesn't match up well with more densely populated northern cities.

Well one thing is damn near a guarantee: we'll all be six feet under by the time Home Park has anything that resembles a skyscraper.
Yeah never said skyscrapers, but the time is coming where property in the core of the city needs to be at least four stories and house multiple people. Home Park is hardly middle class, not anymore it isn't.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
It is catty-corner to the Standard
Is this the site next to Norfolk Southern or across the street, the parking garage?

It's got to be further down Spring, not that close to Tech Square anymore, beyond Coda.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
No idea. If it's the lot I'm thinking of, it's a large field with a "for sale" sign behind a dubious motel.

It's across the street and slightly down from the Dezhu project that switched from apartments to condos. http://www.dezhuus.com/126-renaissance
Correct. Thank you! My description was very specific. I have no idea about any project, but apparently someone is interested in buying for a development and doing their due diligence investigating the property.

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 27, 2019 at 11:01 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 11:32 PM

Interesting article about BlackRock in Bisnow.com today. Apparently they haven’t selected a location for the 1000 employee hub they are opening in Atlanta. They are leasing the WeWork space at Coda temporarily. Seems very odd; however, could be a good sign for 901 West Peachtree. I would think they would select a new high profile tower for the new hub. Thoughts?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Is this the site next to Norfolk Southern or across the street, the parking garage?

It's got to be further down Spring, not that close to Tech Square anymore, beyond Coda.

I believe the very same block as Norfolk Southern at the North East corner of that block closest to Tech campus and furthest away from The Varsity.

Right?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 3:24 AM

Meanwhile Blackstone (not Blackrock) buys 700 units in Dunwoody
Blackrock is Larry Fink - Blackstone is Steve Schwarzman. In terms of revenues Blackrock is approx 14B, Blackstone 7B.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 3:30 AM

And GS buying a large part of AS. The NYC bigs are liking Atlanta. Not to mention Opus

Last edited by Libertarian; Jun 28, 2019 at 3:40 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations