HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:05 PM

Downtown St. Petersburg Florida

St. Petersburg Florida is located in the Tampa Bay region with a population of about 2.8 million. Downtown St. Petersburg is located on the bay and is home to numerous museums, sport teams and the University of South Florida St. Peterburg campus.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 3:59 PM
Sentence fragments!

Location: Asheville, NC - "Home of the Pernicious Poem Place"
I spent Thanksgiving there. St. Petersburg's downtown blows the doors off of Tampa's, but beyond downtown it had the same problem that Tampa has: anemic neighborhoods. Just like Ybor City in Tampa was a colossal disappointment, St. Petersburg's "Grand Central" arts district/gayborhood was pitiful.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 7:22 AM

Since St P has 2.3m people, why it is not famous? I thought it has 230 thousand people at most. small city.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy de la Sucre View Post
Since St P has 2.3m people, why it is not famous? I thought it has 230 thousand people at most. small city.
Sorry if you got confused, what I posted was "Tampa Bay region with a population of about 2.8 million". St. Petersburg is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan area which now has about 3 million in the metro. The main downtown's in that metro is St. Petersburg, Tampa and Clearwater. The population of the 3 main cities in the metro are - Tampa (335,709), St Petersburg (257,083) and Clearwater (107,685). The City of St. Petersburg is currently the home of the Tampa Bay Rays Major League Baseball Team and the Tampa Bay Rowdies minor league soccer team.

Why is it not famous?
I am not sure what you mean by famous. The Tampa Bay region is well know in North America and is famous for having some of the best ranked beaches in the US, has two international airports, is home to Busch Gardens Theme Park and the University of South Florida with about 50,000 students.

Tampa Bay is about 1 hour from Orlando (Metro Population of about 2.3 million). In between the two metros is another metro called Lakeland with about another (700,000). These 3 areas draw about 80 million tourist a year for the beaches, tourist attractions and all the theme parks and water parks. (Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, Sea World, Legoland and Busch Gardens)

I guess the 80 million tourist would make the region fairly famous. With a total population between the 3 metros of about 6 million people.

Hope that helps.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 3:02 PM
Illustrator, editor

Nice, even with the unusually grey weather for the sunshine state. A rare city to see, have seen a bit of Tampa in the forum but not St Pete.

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 5:40 PM

thanks, looks great! St. Pete also home to the Salvador Dali Museum-- http://thedali.org/

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

My best friend lives in St. Pete. It's my favorite city in Florida and has a surprisingly charming and active downtown. The Locale market is fantastic too and rivals nearly anything we have here in NYC.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 7:04 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

I gotta say, downtown looks quite nice. I will check it out someday.

"Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos