just so no one thinks nothing is going on in downtown St. Louis
FYI here is a summary from the downtown st. louis partnership
Action Plan in 1999... Total downtown investment from 1999-2010
• Total Investment $4.4 billion: (spent or under construction) and $800+ million in development for 2009 and 2010.
• Recent development highlights: Lumière Place Casino & Hotels with a Four Seasons Hotel, Gateway Transportation Center, Federal Reserve Bank Expansion, Citygarden, Old Post Office Plaza.
• Residential Rebirth: $1.4 billion (spent or committed) and 64 new residential properties (4,400 units opened).
• Hotel Development: $750 million for new construction and renovation with a 50% growth (2,500 rooms) plus nine new hotels including Four Seasons, Westin, Renaissance, Sheraton, and Hilton.
• Retail Revival: 130+ new shops, restaurants and services (400,000 square feet) open since 2003.
• Office Expansion & Renovation: $500 million in new office construction and renovation with large contiguous spaces available. New construction Class A office tower(s) planned for Ballpark Village.
• New Streetscapes, Plazas, & Parks: Over $60 million in investment including the Washington Avenue Streetscape, Old Post Office Plaza, and Citygarden (Gateway Mall)