HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 4:36 PM

HSP has this slated to start in late 2008. It is still going to be a condo building.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 7:55 PM

This project still looks similar to the last rendering although the base is different in the latest design and the tower somewhat different

The tower is 225' ( currently the maximum height) and thebase is 4 stories above 11th.

The building is brick and limestone. Should be submitted for Design Review first part of the year. The project will also include the design for NW Pettygrove between 11th and 12th since this portion of Pettygrove is private land and will be privately built although fully accessible to the public.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 8:04 PM

A Through the trees view of North Pearl

Old Posted Nov 21, 2007, 9:10 PM
"Made In Oregon"

⬆ Actually not a bad looking building, imo.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 2:13 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

It looks more like a Vancouver BC tower than anything that has been built so far - except its proportions are different.
I like the 5-story segment that lines the sidestreet.

The height will be the same as the Metropolitan Tower?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 3:39 AM
'Can Draw It'

nice pic couv scott, thanks...i sure hope that we get at least a couple of 325 or higher buildings near the fremont in the future. i know there is talk about it, and i've seen the buildout renders from HSP, but what are the chances it will build out like that?

50/50? can anybody chime in on this?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 3:54 AM
'Can Draw It'

tower?

what tower?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 4:01 AM

Block 17 will be the same height as the metropolitan. the floor plate is small although a little larger than the tower floor plate on the metropolitan.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 4:36 AM

there's an 8-story tower at the north end of this development; it's just about finished.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 5:44 AM
'Can Draw It'

I was just being sarcastic. It would have been nice to see the tall tower that was supposed to go with the shorter structures. I guess I consider a tower to be anything over 15 stories.

Not that 8 stories doesn't tower over something shorter, but I'm sure you catch my drift. It's just Portland. I love this place but as I said from day one, it doesn't take much height (and our height isn't that high) to scare the nimbys into action (make that overeaction!)...

I'm thinking it's the nimbys who probably have made P-town famous for drivers who don't know how to merge onto a freeway, not to mention freaking out when they come to a 4 way stop with, god forbid, other cars!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 3:28 PM
"Made In Oregon"

I think there still is a taller tower planned for that project....

Old Posted Nov 22, 2007, 5:34 PM

The developer is planning a taller tower although I don't think they will be building one...other than in their dreams.

They have tried several times and have been sent back to the drawing board by the neighborhood and the design commission. Their best shot and maybe last shot was the north pearl plan which is nearly complete...they really wanted more height. The north pearl plan seems to be heading towards giving more height south of the freemont bridge along the river although isn't increasing height north of the bridge...if this sticks and I think it will...that leaves the site with 100' maximum.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 6:21 PM

Old Posted Nov 25, 2007, 7:28 PM
Well designed mixed use

Quote:
nice pic couv scott, thanks...i sure hope that we get at least a couple of 325 or higher buildings near the fremont in the future. i know there is talk about it, and i've seen the buildout renders from HSP, but what are the chances it will build out like that?
From what I understand--and someone correct me if they've heard otherwise--HSP had run out of FAR, but recently successfully appealed to the powers that be to allow buildings up to 350 feet tall near the Fremont Bridge. Now with a slowing market, who knows how long it will be before this happens, but it's going to happen--from what well-informed people tell me.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 4:07 PM

To correct the facts:

HSP has not run out of FAR. They are continuing to build and plan projects that are 7:1 or larger using the FAR that they have. They have a large contiguous land holding so are able to move FAR freely from one part of their site (the northern part) to any other part.

Height are currently limited to 175 other than a few HSP blocks that have 225. The North Pearl plan is looking at increasing FAR throughout the north pearl and increasing heights...the current plan would not limit height in most of the north pearl and height would only be limited by FAR and floor plate restrictions.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 1:08 AM

^I though HSP had indicated they used up most of the available FAR on the northern part of their property and they would be limited to one or two story buildings if additional FAR wasn't granted quickly. At least that is what I remember reading when they were telling the city to hurry their asses up. Is the situation not as dire as the seem to claim it is?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 3:42 AM

HSP does not have enough FAR to implement / build out their masterplan. That said they do have enough FAR to last for a few buildings.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 5:20 AM

^thanks for the clarification...I would like to see a 200'+ office/hotel project break ground there.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 3:49 PM

HSP has one great site between the new fields park and tanner springs site that will be a great hotel/condo site...I think it's only a matter of time and that building would be 225' or more.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx2m2 View Post
HSP has one great site between the new fields park and tanner springs site that will be a great hotel/condo site...I think it's only a matter of time and that building would be 225' or more.
this one, per their rendering...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland