HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 12:15 AM
not a cynic

Sweet! Good for Boise and BSU. But something no one has mentioned. How are they going to get another 20,000 in and out of the area? What about parking? Time to widen the Broadway bridge?

I tried riding the shuttle bus to the game from downtown once. It was already full when it got to 10th St location where I was waiting.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
What's funny is the article even says that in the plans are horseshoeing the south end zone. However, it shows nothing of it in the drawings. Only that they are preferring the North end zone.

I just think it makes everything look so detached from each other. How about incorporating some flow? Even the lower seats they make look like a different lower section.

I am more than happy that this program is growing and this stadium is being addressed, I just think they could come up with something better.
Yes... My belief however is that their project is unrealistic... What they should focus on is the horseshoe for now (the cheaper approach first) and then move on to the bigger stuff. In the article, it seems they wanted to focus on the north end first and then focus on the horseshoe last.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...of-dreams.html

The economy is still very weak... Therefore go for the easy first, then the more complicated last. That is how you will get people to buy into it...

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawolf View Post
I don't mind the design at all, even if it doesn't flow. The sharp edges are better on this than on other projects I've seen before. Too bad they didn't include a parking garage attached to it or close by at least.
I agree, the stands are still symmetrical looking north and south and look good in my opinion. It actually kind of gives the stadium a throwback baseball field feel to it as opposed to the cookie cutter stadiums of the 60's. Granted it's not a baseball field but it gives off that vibe to me which has been very successful as of late.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Sweet! Good for Boise and BSU. But something no one has mentioned. How are they going to get another 20,000 in and out of the area? What about parking? Time to widen the Broadway bridge?

I tried riding the shuttle bus to the game from downtown once. It was already full when it got to 10th St location where I was waiting.

I think downtown would be able to handle a significant percentage of the additional fans for parking since most of the games are on Saturday or late in the evening. Downtown employs 40,000 people, most of whom drive alone, whereas people typically go to games with numerous people so the numbers somewhat work out. Due to 9th, Myrtle, and Front having so many lanes they could make a designated bus lane on game days that looped to Broadway and back. Broadway is definitely where things get ugly though and people would still need to walk a bit, but that could probably be improved with further thought. Should the offices along ParkCenter Blvd desire, utilizing all the parking lots along there would be a good option too.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2010, 10:58 PM

I really like this design, and I am excited to see how much of this can be done. I have plenty of friends who hate on BSU's football because they think it detracts from academics. But I think that this is great for BSU. The more seats there are means more money made for the university as a whole. Add in some publicity from a more respectable football program, and you get attention that BSU deserves. And you also get money from outside sources, since the state doesn't like giving it out to BSU

Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post

Broadway bridge should have been widened a long time ago. The school, the city, and ACHD should focus on a bypass of the intersection of University and Broadway to create a better flow of traffic coming from the I-184.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2010, 7:56 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...on-halted.html

Developer moves forward on halted Boise condo project
By Sandra Forester - sforester@idahostatesman.com
Published: 08/31/10

For more information, visit www.crescentrim.com.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...#ixzz0yDPSZMqQ

Old Posted Sep 2, 2010, 2:50 PM
not a cynic

Regarding the proposed north end zone and its lack of symmetry: I finally realized this: The Stueckle Center extends north past the current stands and this might be a problem for installing raker beams like they did for the south curve.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2010, 8:06 PM

So, anybody else stoked for this Monday night's game?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
So, anybody else stoked for this Monday night's game?
Definitely! GO BRONCOS!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2010, 4:01 AM

Never been this nervous for a football game. Not that I don't have faith, but there is just sooo much riding on this game. I'm more nervous for this than I was both Fiesta Bowls....GO BRONCOS!!!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2010, 4:36 PM

Broncos will win against VT...

Old Posted Sep 7, 2010, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
Broncos will win against VT...

Like I said.. BSU won...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 12:31 AM

AMAZING Game!!! Go Broncos!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 4:27 PM

It is that time of the year again, the largest art fair in the Northwest and one of the finest outdoor art in the park type events I have ever been to.

http://www.boiseartmuseum.org/events/AIPinfo.php

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/56t...nt?oid=1767252

Old Posted Sep 8, 2010, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
It is that time of the year again, the largest art fair in the Northwest and one of the finest outdoor art in the park type events I have ever been to.

http://www.boiseartmuseum.org/events/AIPinfo.php

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/56t...nt?oid=1767252

Mrs Conquistador and I will be there Friday!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 7:13 PM

I heard about this a few months ago. Seems like Boise is becoming the organic capital of the Mountain West taking into consideration this, and what we already have in place in the valley as far as local organic products.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...-delivery.html
Organic and natural products delivery service of opens store in Boise
By Sandra Forester - sforester@idahostatesman.com
Published: 09/09/10

Brown Box Organics Co., a grocery delivery service with certified organic produce in the Treasure Valley, expanded in late August with the opening of its first store at 36th Street and Hill Road in Boise.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...#ixzz0z3rMcPoz

Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 10:02 PM

Soooooooo......Anyone know what is going in at the corner of Vista and Kootenai where that cool little Moxie Java used to be?

Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 11:00 PM

I heard a fast food place is going in there....Jack in the Box if memory serves me correct. Pretty sad when you come to think about it. Trade a historic building with totally unique architecture for another national box. I'm all about private property rights, but the owners of Vista Village deserve any bad press they got when they tore that place down.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2010, 5:02 PM

Thanks for the info. And I totally agree. There goes my hopes that they would redeem themselves....but it's much better than nothing.

Last edited by Visualize; Sep 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West