HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
The new paint job on The Garro is looking nice.
Agreed. It does look nice.

Looking forward to your Autumn thread even though I'm still lurking for the "ville" set. You always do such a fine job with your photo threads.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2010, 4:44 AM

COBE bldg broke ground today!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 5:23 PM
le mois d'octobre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boizean View Post
Agreed. It does look nice.

Looking forward to your Autumn thread even though I'm still lurking for the "ville" set. You always do such a fine job with your photo threads.
Thanks Boizean. Yes, the "ville" set, I have the photos on my computer and will try and get them up along with Id City. Have you been to the little museum they have up there? I need to sort through them still, kind of lost track when I went to Silver City.

My Autumn thread is posted in the city photos forum.

Ahead and to the west was our ranger station - and the mountains of Idaho, poems of geology stretching beyond any boundaries and seemingly even beyond the world. Norman Maclean

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 3:28 PM

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/...or-whole-foods

Boise Surprise! Green Light for Henry's ... New Life for Whole Foods
Posted by George Prentice on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM
There was a little more love at Boise City Hall on Nov. 1, as the city's Planning & Zoning Commission gave the green light to developers of a new specialty market and, in a big surprise, asked developers of a proposed Whole Foods market to return to a future meeting, keeping their hopes alive.

As if the Whole Foods story wasn't big enough, four hours later the commission voted to green light the construction a new Henry's Farmers Market on downtown Boise's westside. The market would inhabit the block bordered by 15th, 16th, Bannock and Idaho streets.
Persimmon II
Proposed Henry's Farmers Market

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 6:26 AM

That little development looks awesome, can't wait to see it start to go up. Now I know im probably getting ahead of myself, but just imagine COBE being built, the henry's plaza that could start a nice re-development boom in that dilapidated part of town being built, the good news about Whole Foods which might actually get the green light AND...just imagine if JUMP actually comes to fruition here in the next few months. We might be seeing a new boom in the area again Boise has a few things to get excited about again!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 8:13 AM

That does look pretty intriguing from what I can tell from that small picture, cool stuff. I'm really waiting on what's going to happen around 11th and Bannock to spur that area. That will be when things really get exciting. I haven't heard anything regarding that in quite a while, but the parking garage was built so there appears to be some real motivation behind it. Anyone know anything?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 12:08 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Thank god Idaho voted for the airport amendment... now we can see some direly needed airport expansion in the near future, including but not limited to runway extensions/improvements, new taxiways, funding for improved cargo facilities and a sorely needed new parking garage.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 2:46 PM
not a cynic

Boisecynic welcomes the Henry's project but is somewhat unimpressed. Typical suburban style box stores. It appears all of these were existing buildings. Does anyone know if the Boise project is their first build-from-scratch job? Regardless, a central-business-district pedestrian-scene store seems to be a first for them. I wish them best of luck.

Newest Henry's, Elk Grove, Ca, Open May 2010: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05407&t=h&z=18

Most comparable and most urban, Pacific Beach is very similar to the North End: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05407&t=h&z=18

Also urban, SD's Normal Heights neigborhood: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05407&t=h&z=18

Austin: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05407&t=h&z=18

Poway: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,5.05,,0,17.59

Carlsbad: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,75.64,,1,3.39

Carlsbad2 http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...122.15,,0,1.07

Santee: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.021629&z=16

Chino Hills: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.005407&z=18

Corpus Christi: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...78412&t=h&z=17

Last edited by boisecynic; Nov 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidFromBoise View Post
Thank god Idaho voted for the airport amendment... now we can see some direly needed airport expansion in the near future, including but not limited to runway extensions/improvements, new taxiways, funding for improved cargo facilities and a sorely needed new parking garage.
I am happy this passed. I bet there is a short bald chubby man in Boise who likes to put a wrench into progress and he is most likely very upset

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
I am happy this passed. I bet there is a short bald chubby man in Boise who likes to put a wrench into progress and he is most likely very upset
Ha! Frazier can suck it!

If he is opposed to it, it's most likely a good idea.

I'm glad all those ballot measures passed, these are things that get to costly to arrange as a vote, have low turnout, and have to contend with that archaic 2/3 majority crap.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 4:07 PM

Does anyone know what used to be on that lot where Henry's is going to be built? It has been vacant as long as I can remember.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el conquistador View Post
Ha! Frazier can suck it!

If he is opposed to it, it's most likely a good idea.

I'm glad all those ballot measures passed, these are things that get to costly to arrange as a vote, have low turnout, and have to contend with that archaic 2/3 majority crap.

lol...yeah suck it!!

I am sure he is brainstorming.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Boisecynic welcomes the Henry's project but is somewhat unimpressed. Typical suburban style box stores. It appears all of these were existing buildings. Does anyone know if the Boise project is their first build-from-scratch job? Regardless, a central-business-district pedestrian-scene store seems to be a first for them. I wish them best of luck.
Maybe this will satisfy some of your concerns...then again maybe not. These pictures show how the grocery store and additional retail building will be oriented to the street. I am pretty impressed. It's how I was wishing it would turn out when I made a comment previously hoping for multiple entrances and no setbacks.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...00059&type=doc

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 8:24 PM
not a cynic

Good find Visualize. Thx for resizing and rehosting.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 8:35 PM

Quote:
lol...yeah suck it!!

I am sure he is brainstorming.
Yeah, probably a frivolous lawsuit at taxpayer expense....

Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 10:51 PM

mmmmmm. Here is some positive news and there has been news in the near past saying Idaho would be a leading state coming out of the national recession.

The entire story at the link.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Economist-I...106706479.html

Economist: Idaho tops for job growth in next 5 years

BOISE -- About 700 people attended the Annual Economic Outlook Forum at the Boise Centre this morning.

The theme was "The Boise Valley - A Cradle of Innovation.”

Church said a national economic forecast firm ranks Idaho the number one state in the nation for employment growth over the next five years.
That same firm predicts the Gem State with have the fifth highest population growth.

Another focus of today’s event talked about the nearly dozen start-up companies that are growing the local economy at a grass roots level.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 3:18 AM
Bronco Nation

Quote:
Does anyone know what used to be on that lot where Henry's is going to be built? It has been vacant as long as I can remember.
It's been vacant for as long as I can remember too.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 3:23 AM
Bronco Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
I'm not terribly impressed either.

This location was where the Metropolitan was supposed to be built. Guess this means the Metropolitan is officially dead.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 10:47 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOI-IDA View Post
I'm not terribly impressed either.

This location was where the Metropolitan was supposed to be built. Guess this means the Metropolitan is officially dead.
Sadly, I'd say the Met has been dead for quite some time.

I approve of it, simply because it seems like a place that I would frequent since its close by, and at this point I'm just desperate to see SOMETHING built downtown. Even my opinions toward JUMP are quickly shifting in favor of it simply because I have to drive by that dull empty eyesore of a lot almost everyday now.

And, actually, I'm really quite fond of the most recent models and renderings of JUMP... If we can get that going, and get a few other developments going, then maybe the gears can roll a little bit and we can see further developments in the future.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2010, 4:26 PM

I agree about JUMP. I went to the open house last night, it was crowded and I heard a lot of people complaining that the design review committee is being way to picky. People in Boise want this built and after seing the models and what will be included on the grounds and on each floor of the building, I feel the same...get this built, this will attract so much more development into downtown. The billboard on the corner of 9th and Front has a JUMP promo on it now so Simplot does not appear to be giving up. One of the presenters said that the city wants a traffic light and an exit at 10th and Front which would mean a road through the park and would break up the flow of the park. Why would the city want a traffic light at 10th and Front I don't see the purpose. If the project were divided into four blocks I could see that purpose. Anyways I am sick of seeing those empty lots and how much longer will they remain if this isn't built? Compromise needs to be met so that this great project can start. There are plenty of other lots for highrise buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West