HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 4:54 AM

I don't post all that often, but I read others' posts almost every day. I would definitely be down to meet up, but I'm in Moscow most of the year for school. If it happens that I'm Boise, I'd love it.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 5:52 AM

FWIW - you don't have to be 21 to get into any of the brew pubs...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boysee Boi View Post
FWIW - you don't have to be 21 to get into any of the brew pubs...
I was thinking that too yesterday while the discussion was taking place.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 8:29 PM

ooo that reminds me how bout bittercreek down on 8th st.?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2012, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
ooo that reminds me how bout bittercreek down on 8th st.?
I notice that people are being very quiet and not responding to your proposal for a forum meet. Possibly a few are shy and do not want to be seen or their identity exposed
I think that some dates are going to have to be thrown out, narrowed down along with a location and then people may start responding.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2012, 8:09 PM

Well, then i'll need your help, or at least all the help i can get . Heh can't do this alone ya know!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 6:31 PM
not a cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
I notice that people are being very quiet and not responding to your proposal for a forum meet. Possibly a few are shy and do not want to be seen or their identity exposed
I think that some dates are going to have to be thrown out, narrowed down along with a location and then people may start responding.
I proposed one long ago and got not a peep. I don't think Boiseans in general are the meetup type. I can't put my finger on it. Is it our conservative nature? Too lazy? City too spread out? For example, I'd go to the Mac user group meetings more often but it's way the heck out at Fuddruckers at Eagle and Ustick. Just too far for me to drive. However, it seems most on this forum are from the greater downtown area.

What we need is a sponsor who'll kick in some free Pizza or beer or whatever. I think warmer weather would help, many seem to hibernate during the cold months.

It's still 3 months off but how about the Greek Food Festival. Easy to bicycle to for many, easy access off The Connector's Fairview exit with decent parking within 2 or 3 blocks, just grab a table and put a big SSP sign on it. They serve beer and wine but under 21 are allowed no problem. There's also a Quinn's Pond cleanup on the Saturday morning of the Greek Food Festival in conjunction with the Boise River Volunteers. Usually get 20 or so to show up and BRV brings a bunch of catarafts.

Last edited by boisecynic; Mar 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 6:48 PM
not a cynic

Also, first video I've found of the new Whitewater Park in use:

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 7:08 PM

I hope to see some guys/gals out on the waves next Thurs-Friday when I am in town. IIRC, my hotel is steps from where they shot that video. Also, my family finally drew out on a Middle Fork permit this summer. Seeing some boats playing in the water will get me even more stoked for my 100-mile river journey through the most beautiful state in the Union.

Last edited by eastidaho; Mar 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 7:40 PM

I am quoting a few of your remarks, boisecynic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
However, it seems most on this forum are from the greater downtown area.

It's still 3 months off but how about the Greek Food Festival. Easy to bicycle to for many, easy access off The Connector's Fairview exit with decent parking within 2 or 3 blocks, just grab a table and put a big SSP sign on it. They serve beer and wine but under 21 are allowed no problem. There's also a Quinn's Pond cleanup on the Saturday morning of the Greek Food Festival in conjunction with the Boise River Volunteers. Usually get 20 or so to show up and BRV brings a bunch of catarafts.
It does seem like a lot of forumers have stated they live in the greater downtown area too, several have mentioned the Northend as their place of residence. Possibly once construction is more involved at Jump and Zions Bank then a meet would work? I like your idea of the Greek Festival and the cleanup. Most of us here at SSP seem to have a lot of pride in Boise and are concerned how our city grows, so giving back and being a BRV for that Saturday would be a good thing

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 8:12 PM
Dare Mighty Things

I love the idea of the Greek Food Festival!

The reason I've been a bit quiet about it is that I would dearly love to go, but I'm unfortunately at a point where I have no idea what my schedule holds as the next 6 months are going to be very unpredictable and packed with work, school and an internship, so I don't think it would be fair for me to help set a time and date for us to meet only for me to find out later I can't attend. But I think it would just be absolutely awesome for us to meet up sometime soon, it'd be great to put a face to the usernames! Another good thing is that I live within walking distance of downtown, so access is not a problem for me at all.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 12:39 AM
The Tree of Life

I will try to make it when a time and place is decided.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 4:19 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...g-nations.html

Treasure Valley among nation's most-improving housing markets, firm says
By Sandra Forester — sforester@idahostatesman.com
Posted: 10:33am on Mar 9, 2012; Modified: 9:41pm on Mar 9, 2012

The Treasure Valley is among the top 10 most-improving housing markets in America, says a California company that tracks residential real estate.

CoreLogic ranked Boise No. 10 based on the number of sales, home prices and delinquencies in January. The company said improving home sales are the main driver of the ranking.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Dare Mighty Things

So Ruth's Chris is indeed coming to Boise, and it will be at the Eighth & Main project.

Steak house, four other tenants lease space at Boise's Eighth & Main project

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 12:26 AM

River 8 Apartments Downtown

There are a lot more pictures at the following link under "DWG_3-MODEL REVISED FEBRUARY 27, 2012": http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...00033&type=doc

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 12:31 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Oh wow!! Great finds, Visualize! Beautiful structure that'll fit in great with that lot along the river.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 12:46 AM

I noticed there is a decent increase in requests for fairly dense housing permits all around the city. Looks to be a good sign of things to come.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 1:02 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

The River 8 Apartments Downtown look like some really nice infill!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 6:32 AM

Excited to see some progress on the residential side of development. Hopefully these projects happen, we need more people in downtown!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...r-8-lofts.html

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 6:35 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Ohhh yeah, looking at these renderings further, this building is excellent. Architecturally, I think downtown badly needs more structures like these, and the street environment it creates is simply wonderful. It's too bad that the Library Blocks proposal didn't happen quite as envisioned, but perhaps one step at a time, like this, this area could turn into something truly special.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West