HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Pizza Slut is the shittiest. Goo (mozza filled crust) and gop (toppings).
Pizza Pizza: never eat the "by the slice" unless it is right at lunchtime. Your slice might have been fresh back when Abe Lincoln was President.
Dominoes: too much sauce, not enough cheese. burnt.

Personally, I like the "independents" for pizza. I especially miss Piazza Romana in Pointe Claire Village (Quebec), and for pizza by-the-slice, gotta go with Al Taib (Montreal, at Guy and de Maisonneuve). Here in London, I am partial to "Flying Tomato" and "Byron Pizza".
Not to get too far off topic, but the best place in London is Cousin Vinny's. $2.15 + tax for a jumbo slice of pizza on Tuesdays. I was just there tonight at 11 PM, and it was freshly made. The owner is a great guy, and I used to work with their delivery guy. Stobie's is also great, but a little more expensive.

You can't be more right about Pizza Pizza. The independent side isn't always great though. Angelo's in London, like Pizza Pizza, is best at lunchtime. At dinnertime I have seen pizza that has been sitting out for years and is hard enough to cut wood with.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 12:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^hehe. Yeah, you need a mitre saw to work your way through PizzaPizza slices outside of lunchtime.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 2:15 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Where is this "Roi de la Bière", and why have I not heard of it??

I agree, Boreale is the Bee's knees. I can pick up a six pack for 7.39 at my local dep. Can't beat that price.

I actually have a good friend who works for Boreale.. he got me two kegs of beer for my wedding for free. I am forever indebted to him.
Le Roi de la Biere is on the street that you turn north on once you hit the marina etc on rue Principale. It is on the left at a corner maybe 300 m north of the marina. It is technically a 'dep'.

Speaking of beer in Aylmer, is that restaurant between the 'British' and the marina any good for beer...can't remember the name of it but it is in an old house and near that place that peelers go to retire.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 6:15 PM
Can I HELP YOU??

^ not sure which resto you're referring to... Ambrosia?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 6:35 PM
Highrise

Quote:
^ not sure which resto you're referring to... Ambrosia?

No, not the Ambrosia...I'm talking about this place.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowP...sp?PlaceID=394

I trust that you used the word 'resto' to get my blood boiling...that and the words 'mains' 'appies' 'cappo' are some of the words in the english language that get my blood pressure up...a certain SSP poster uses them very often and I get a very pretentious vibe from them. You don't give me a pretentious vibe

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:00 PM
CanadiEn errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdensitysprawl View Post
No, not the Ambrosia...I'm talking about this place.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowP...sp?PlaceID=394

I trust that you used the word 'resto' to get my blood boiling...that and the words 'mains' 'appies' 'cappo' are some of the words in the english language that get my blood pressure up...a certain SSP poster uses them very often and I get a very pretentious vibe from them. You don't give me a pretentious vibe
I think this is the place that in its advertising boasts of having the widest selection of different beers of any bar in Quebec.

Now, “resto” is a very common term for restaurant in French (likely how harls picked it up), but what do mains, appies and cappo mean?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:15 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think this is the place that in its advertising boasts of having the widest selection of different beers of any bar in Quebec.

Now, “resto” is a very common term for restaurant in French (likely how harls picked it up), but what do mains, appies and cappo mean?
Sorry for any misunderstanding but the 4 terms I listed really get on my nerves.

Mains = Main course
Appies = Appetizers
Cappo= frothy coffee

If they have the widest selection, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Aylmer.....hopefully, they have some nice cask conditioned ales.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:18 PM
CanadiEn errant

Quote:
Sorry for any misunderstanding but the 4 terms I listed really get on my nerves.

Mains = Main course
Appies = Appetizers
Cappo= frothy coffee

If they have the widest selection, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Aylmer.....hopefully, they have some nice cask conditioned ales.
Thanks for the info. Now I’ll know how to sound cool if I venture into an anglo hispter haunt on the Ottawa side!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:26 PM
Can I HELP YOU??

Haha... didn't mean to come of all pretentious Acajack's right, I just picked that up from living in Quebec for so long.

I have seen this L'autre Oeil place, but never tried it. I hear it's good from my non-snooty friends.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 7:44 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Haha... didn't mean to come of all pretentious Acajack's right, I just picked that up from living in Quebec for so long.

I have seen this L'autre Oeil place, but never tried it. I hear it's good from my non-snooty friends.
Glad to hear that we are all on the same non-snooty page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this L'autre Oeil place seems to be on the few 'pub' style places in the Outaouais (or at least what an anglo perceives a pub to be) ...aside from that place in Chelsea near the entrance to the Gatineau Park

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 8:28 PM
CanadiEn errant

Quote:
Glad to hear that we are all on the same non-snooty page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this L'autre Oeil place seems to be on the few 'pub' style places in the Outaouais (or at least what an anglo perceives a pub to be) ...aside from that place in Chelsea near the entrance to the Gatineau Park
Not too much in the way of Royal Oak/Barley Mow-type places it is true. Most places to go for a drink in Gatineau would be best described as café-style bars. Although the traditional French names café/bistro/brasserie are now meaningless and often indistinguishable from one another in Quebec.

Same with many “pubs” in Ontario I suppose, the menus of which have little to do with traditional pub fare like meat pies, etc.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2009, 8:39 PM
y u no take me srsly

I wouldn't eat a meat pie at a pub. Lord knows what in the thing...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 12:58 AM
Language Profs hate me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You've never even been in a pub.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 1:12 AM

lol

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 1:19 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Which pub was that?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 1:53 AM
National Capital Region

today at the Sens game

Stars shine at Sens game

THE OTTAWA CITIZENMARCH 11, 2009 9:07 PMBE THE FIRST TO POST A COMMENT

OTTAWA-Senators fans are basking in the celebrity spotlight tonight as singers Carrie Underwood and Hilary Duff have been spotted among the rest of the Sens Army at Scotiabank Place, where the Senators are hosting the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Duff, a multi-platinum selling pop singer and actress, has been romantically linked to newly acquired Sens forward Mike Comrie, and Underwood — a Grammy Award winning country singer and former American Idol champ — is reportedly dating Mike Fisher.

Stay tuned for our story on the game’s outcome.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Last edited by waterloowarrior; Mar 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 2:17 AM

Seen at the last Canadien's game chearing for the Kostitsyn brothers

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 2:34 AM
The Vomit Bag.

^muh hahahah!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 3:29 AM
Language Profs hate me!

ROMMHEIM MEMO - - - - March 11, 2009

Good evening,

To those 'Canadians' who'd like to be or just pretend to be Americans because of Barack Obama's presidency, go fuck yourselves.

Thank you.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 2:38 PM
Has been

I have both Fisher and Comrie as late round picks in my pool. While they haven't been producing points at all (52 between them both, 3 more than the illustrious Nik Antropov has on his own), there's probably a pun about scoring in there somewhere.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada