HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 3:38 PM
Libre penseur

I actually have issues with Darren Dutchyshen - how does a guy from rural Saskatchewan end up with an accent (obviously fake) that sounds like a bad cross between Boston, Mass and the Bronx?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 6:37 PM
Can I HELP YOU??

There are a few prairie boys on the sports networks.. Darren Dreger used to do sports in Brandon.. same with Carlos Machado (is he even still around)?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 7:14 PM
Libre penseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
There are a few prairie boys on the sports networks.. Darren Dreger used to do sports in Brandon.. same with Carlos Machado (is he even still around)?
Carlos Machado... now there's a good Prairie farm boy name!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 7:27 PM
Can I HELP YOU??

Oops. Ok, how about 'sportscasters who did a stint in Brandon'? there we go.

The station where those two worked was pretty cutting edge. I think they used 27 inch TV's over their shoulders to showcase sports highlights.

Once they got promoted to the big Winnipeg market, they got themselves some fancy computer graphics.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 7:40 PM
Libre penseur

Quote:
Oops. Ok, how about 'sportscasters who did a stint in Brandon'? there we go.
Sorry, didn't mean to burn you there bud. But Carlos could've been from Steinbach or Melfort, who knows?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 8:31 PM
Can I HELP YOU??

Sure dressed like it.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 9:12 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
There is actually very little TV coverage in Canada of European club soccer, even of the world’s best leagues like the English Premier League. You do get a little bit of coverage on TSN of select European tournaments like the Champions League with top clubs from various countries playing against each other. But other than that, the pickings are very slim.
er, I beg to differ. I have Fox Sports World Canada (crap station most of the time), Gol TV and Setanta on my package. I get (in combination with Sportsnet and The Score) all 10 EPL games/week, 2 scottish, 2 or 3 french, 2 or 3 spanish, 2 or 3 italian, a game or two from the league where cheating is encouraged and exhaulted (er, did I say that out loud), a game from Brazil per week and enough highlights shows to shake a stick at. Plus probably 1/2 - 2/3 of the Champions League games that are played.

It is not to be sniffed at, but the mainstream media and the Jim Rome's of the world bash footie to a degree unheard of in any sport of pastime (by saying pastime I bring golf and baseball into the equation).

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 9:14 PM
Highrise

Quote:
If its the same guy I"m thinking about he is on the frat boy highlights show known as the Fox Soccer Report aired on Fox Sports World Canada. It is from Winnipeg.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...Carlos-Machado

Old Posted Mar 20, 2009, 12:46 AM
Can I HELP YOU??

That's him, but the Carlos I remember had a mullet.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2009, 7:20 PM
Highrise

Quote:
That's him, but the Carlos I remember had a mullet.
Many of us had mullets in our past.

The Kentucky waterfall was very popular.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 3:13 AM
Can I HELP YOU??

I only had a mullet in Grade 9. it was more of a trickle than a waterfall.

CTV's Janet Dirks scares me with her crazy eyeballs.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 3:41 AM
Can I HELP YOU??

Thumbs down

This has been pissing me off for a long time.

Does anyone, I mean - has anyone, been fooled into thinking a nice soft kitty they were sleeping with was actually a roll of toilet paper?

Because I've tried it, and it is no replacement. By tried it I mean wiped my ass with a cat.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 3:47 AM
Language Profs hate me!

Quote:
This has been pissing me off for a long time.

Does anyone, I mean - has anyone, been fooled into thinking a nice soft kitty they were sleeping with was actually a roll of toilet paper?

Because I've tried it, and it is no replacement. By tried it I mean wiped my ass with a cat.
Those fucking cat shit paper commercials are deeply offensive to me, as a cat lover and consumer of shit paper.

But they don't burn me as much as those stupid bears who cant for the life of them wipe their asses correctly and dance because they have shit paper.

I'm gonna track down these fucking bears and torture them And then I'm gonna bring them back to life and have someone else torture them for my enjoyment.

there. so yeah, I agree harls.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 3:55 AM
Can I HELP YOU??

Those fuckin' porridge stealin motherfuckers piss me off too. I have had my share of shit paper at the throne, but none of it, even the one-ply econo crap, shreds into pieces onto my buttocks. even if it did, do you think I would leave the toilet with my hairy bear ass with paper shards? Who shits on a tree anyway? these bears are advocating defecation in parks, as long as there is a roll of charmin attached to a branch. I will bring this up at my next hearing re: crapping in public.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 4:11 AM
Language Profs hate me!

Toilet paper commercials are the worst, even worst than the reprehensible tic tac commercials. If ever there was a more shameful attempt at exploiting 13 year old boys with an annoying bitch I haven't heard of it. I tell you the people who make ads for a living ( I know a few here in town) are all morons. They're part of a league of morons. "Look at me I'm driving an audi, and I make cottonelle commercials for a living." Fuck you.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 4:27 AM
The Vomit Bag.

"I feel your pain" (W. Clinton), re: papier de toilette.

But I must correct you. Nothing is worse than Frozen Pizza commercials (repeat, after me). Except maybe, grammar nazis on SSP.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 8:23 PM
Highrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Nothing is worse than Frozen Pizza commercials (repeat, after me). Except maybe, grammar nazis on SSP.
Grammar nazis on SSP....never Next you are going to be telling me that there are people on SSP who a) boost their city above all others, b) claim that murder stats are biassed c) feel that their home town is world class above all others d) should be free of criticism and e) Montreal is overrated and full of douc*ebags.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 10:05 PM
y u no take me srsly

That's "Nazis", Molson. It's a proper noun.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 11:03 PM
It's Hammer Time

I love watching Family Restaurant on the Food Network, the Quons are a cute and funny family.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdensitysprawl View Post
Grammar nazis on SSP....never Next you are going to be telling me that there are people on SSP who a) boost their city above all others, b) claim that murder stats are biassed c) feel that their home town is world class above all others d) should be free of criticism and e) Montreal is overrated and full of douc*ebags.

^source: Malek
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada