HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 26, 2006, 11:52 PM
菠蘿油

yes, apparently da vinci's inquest has a very loyal following in the US, mostly among americans near the border who get CBC.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2006, 12:08 AM
effete latte-lifter

I also heard it's really popular in Spain. (no joke.)

Old Posted Jan 27, 2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaBeef
MuchMusic is dribble and crap all rolled into one big shitball.
Long gone are the days when music videos were worth watching.

Do even the kids watch them now?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2006, 7:18 PM
effete latte-lifter

Not true exactly, it's just that Much Music refused to play anything but crap, except late on Friday nights on the Wedge, which was once a daily show. (when S-YL hosted it.)

Old Posted Jan 28, 2006, 1:19 AM

Kenny vs. Spenny is awesome. I love that show, but can't understand why the CBC doesn't give it a regular time slot. My other favourite Canadian show is sadly no longer made. The Newsroom. It was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, with very clever, dry humour. If you haven't seen it, I know the first two seasons are out on DVD. I very much recommend.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2006, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS
The Newsroom. It was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, with very clever, dry humour. If you haven't seen it, I know the first two seasons are out on DVD. I very much recommend.
I only saw three episodes of the last season and I laughed my ass off man! However I was told that the last season was radically different than the first two...is it true?
Althegreat III, Torch Baron of the island of Montreal. Head of the Commonwealth of idiots, absolute ruler of the Shredberger foundation and devoted screw-up. If you can't stand the Baron, you can't stand the heat. Remember that.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2006, 1:57 AM

The last season (season 3, aired from Feb. - March 205) was only 6 episodes long. The first 5 were very similar to the first 2 seasons. The 6th episode was very different. I think Ken Finkleman (creator of show) knew it was his last episode and wanted to try something a little more artistic. So he made the episode sort of like a dream that was animation. So don't judge the whole series on that one episode.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2006, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS
The last season (season 3, aired from Feb. - March 205) was only 6 episodes long. The first 5 were very similar to the first 2 seasons. The 6th episode was very different. I think Ken Finkleman (creator of show) knew it was his last episode and wanted to try something a little more artistic. So he made the episode sort of like a dream that was animation. So don't judge the whole series on that one episode.
I havn't that episode.
Althegreat III, Torch Baron of the island of Montreal. Head of the Commonwealth of idiots, absolute ruler of the Shredberger foundation and devoted screw-up. If you can't stand the Baron, you can't stand the heat. Remember that.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2006, 4:49 AM

Did anyone catch "The Next Great Prime Minister" tonight??

I thought it was only ok, and I certainly hated the winner on the show. From the first few words she uttered I wanted to smack her face in with a brick, but obviously Mulroney, Campbell, Clark and Turner loved her.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2006, 3:49 AM

That show was only 1 episode? I thought it was a series like Canadian Idol?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2006, 2:10 AM

Yeah and judging by who they picked I am glad. Obviously they just wanted someone to espouse their hard right neo-con values, and a platform to do it.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2006, 7:35 PM

I heard in the papers that Maurice Richard or "The Rocket" has released TV ads in English Canada, namely during the Superbowl. Anyone can confirm that? And anyone interested in watching it in English Canada? btw it will be dubbed.

If you do want to watch it, expect a high cinematographic quality, and a superb effort with all technical aspects. But the story is mild...

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 4:52 AM

I read today that CBC was cancelling Davinci City Hall, This is Wonderland and The Tournament after this season.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 4:59 AM

What? No way! Though I never watched any of those shows, it comes as a complete shock, especially with Da Vinci and Wonderland! The Tournament? Bah, as soon as I saw the CBC trying to sell The Tournament with a KIA, I knew it was over. And aparently, The Tournament's second season was shit compared to the 2nd.

Does anyone have actual ratings of these shows?

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 5:42 AM

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 5:49 AM

At least they know when to quit, unlike too many other shows these days.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 6:26 PM

Its real shame that CBC killed them off, but its more of a shame that these good shows were never watched by the public in the first place. Generally the rule of thumb for ratings is 500 000 nationwide, all 3 were averaging around 300 000 so its understandable as to why CBC canned them. All I can say is it isn't a very good sign for Canadian drama, especially non-teen drama, since Global only has Falcon Beach these days and CTV has Whistler but won't premiere it until this fall.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2006, 7:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Why can't somebody just get rid of Ben Mulroney?

Please. For the love of God.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2006, 4:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Remove Ben Mulroney From Canadian Idol: On-line Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/idolben/petition.html

To: CTV
We believe that Ben Mulroney is not a good host for Canadian Idol. His jokes and wit lack what a good host should display. He is a poor representative for Canada, and we feel ashamed to have him on such a widely-viewed show. He is the worst part of a good show, and a show that would be far better with the absence of Ben Mulroney. We request the removal of Ben Mulroney from future Canadian Idol seasons.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld
Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2006, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport
He is the worst part of a good show, and a show...

You lost me there buddy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada