Updates from the Avenue District:
Retrieved from http://www.theavenuedistrict.com/newlayout/
CLEVELAND – Dec. 21, 2006 – Zaremba, Inc., developer of The Avenue District, a $250 million residential development in downtown Cleveland, has secured the Foundation Permit to allow underground construction to begin at Site 1, 1211 St. Clair Ave., on the northeast corner of East 12th Street and St. Clair Avenue.
Construction fencing for Site 1 has been up since early December, with the majority of work scheduled for evening hours to avoid disturbing traffic flow during the day. Future Site 1 milestones include excavation of the foundation beginning in February 2007, superstructure and core construction starting in May 2007, and completion of phase one, including 50 lofts and eight penthouses, in August 2008.
Construction is underway for Site 3, located at East 15th Street and the newly created Lindazzo Avenue. Site 3 will be home to 30 townhomes, with the first 15 set for completion in August 2007.
Site 1--East 12th Street and St. Clair Avenue
Utility Relocation (Present - Feb. 15, 2007)
- Closing of St. Clair and East 12th Roads, and closing of parking as needed
- Installation of construction fence
- Excavation and relocation of utilities
Foundation (Feb. 16 - May 2007)
- Closing of parking lots
- Onsite presence of trailers and construction vehicles
- Excavation of foundation work
- Foundation and framing for both the parking garage and 1211 St. Clair Ave.
Superstructure and Core (May - November 2007)
- First visible signs of out-of-ground structure
- Framing and pouring (in floor sequence) of columns and floors
- Installation of the building core (elevator, stair and mechanical shafts)
Building Shell (October 2007 - July 2008)
- Installation of metal stud framing and substrate along the entire exterior perimeter
- Installation of all building skin materials: brick, stone, metal panels and windows
Interior Buildout (December 2007 - August 2008)
- Metal stud framing to begin concurrently with the construction of building shell
- Installation of metal stud framing, drywall, and interior finishes, and mechanical, electrical and
plumbing equipment and risers
- Units completion and occupancy
Site 3 (Townhomes)--East 15th Street and newly created Lindazzo Avenue
- Site clearing and demolition (Present)
- Excavation and foundations (Present - March 2007)
- Wood framing and roofing (March - May 2007)
- Interior buildout (May - August 2007)
- Occupancy to begin (August 2007)