View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2023, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewave46 View Post
Halifax Airport welcomes beleaguered New Brunswickers into its warm embrace. Just a couple of hours away by road. Give in to its convenience, its many choices. Yes, one has to rub elbows with uncouth Nova Scotians, but they’re not so bad. You can commiserate about the evil Central Canadians with them.

In all seriousness, AC Express is having some pretty serious pilot shortage issues, so admitting defeat at outstations for the time being instead of trying and failing operationally (schedule flight, then cancel) is probably a better plan.
A few weeks ago I went through Halifax Airport (been years since I was last there). I came in on PAL flight from NFLD operated by PAL for Air Canada. What was weird is the PAL Q400 had very tiny overhead bins. Smaller than Air Canada Jazz or WestJet. It could hold your personal item but not a normal carry-on.

When I left it was the morning AC flight to Vancouver. Weird seeing all the bars open serving beer and spirits that early in the morning. You must have more liberal liquor laws than other places. Make for a good number of options to commiserate about the evil Central Canadians, us Westerners are happy to join in.