View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2024, 6:33 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
This should be moved to the Winnipeg R&I thread. Both of those intersections are listed for interchanges in the drafts for the next Transportation Master Plan 2050. See page 42/43 on this document (24th slide):

LINK

That doesn't mean it'll get done in our lifetime. I keep seeing Fermor/Lag as being a sooner priority in CoW documents for whatever reason. I don't drive through there often but I've never thought of that as a higher priority than the inner ring road intersections.

Edmonton was able to add a flyover to serve that commercial development because #2 and that segment of Anthony Henday were already freeways so they couldn't pull off a Winnipeg and slap lights there, since there would be no other existing light-controlled intersections a mere km in every directions, like it was in Winnipeg. They also probably had enough dignity and Edmonton was in a strong enough growth position that they could impose demands on the developers for them to cover most or all the infrastructure needs of the development, unlike Winnipeg where they can usually get out of their infrastructure obligations (see Waverley West).
I can't see them doing an overpass of some sort anytime soon.

Even if they did, they would have to do something similar to how the CPT flyover on Main St. being planned.

Your link is broken by the way. Got an XML error.

Now, I'm not so sure.