View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I was unimpressed when the first cladding went up. However, these will end up alright.

The praise these are getting is in contrast to Claridge's boxy blandness prominence than being well executed quality designs. A 6 out of ten getting the pomp of a 10 out of 10 for being better than a 4 out of 10.
For sure, in the context of Ottawa, and probably much of Canada, this project is fantastic with a great execution. For Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, maybe Calgary, it's a little above average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawrylyshyn View Post
Hopefully the public realm out front ends up similar to the rendering -- too many cities/developments neglect this aspect.
I believe the developer is funding it and then the City takes over. If that's the case, I'm pretty confident it will be well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Those corner POPS often look good in summertime renderings but rarely live up to expectations. Details aside they tend to mix the worst aspects of a proper park and restaurant/cafe patio without the best of either.
Agreed. In Ottawa, we're seeing way too much of this. I prefer a park fund developers contribute towards for larger projects. That said, the CBD consisting of mostly lot-line to lot-line squat towers is in desperate need of any sort of plaza/outdoor public space, so this will be a welcome addition.