View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 7:14 PM

I'm on side with Ruckus and S'toon Goon. By no means is the design groundbreaking, but it is still quite nice. It has a clean, refreshing look, and I can imagine it looking very good when viewed across the river from Rotary Park. How this tower turns out will be in its execution and quality of materials used. Looking at some of Gibbs Gage's recent work in Calgary, Eighth Avenue Place and Centrium Place, I think that the final product in those cases are top notch:

Source

Source

It's interesting about the glazing that is currently depicted as gold. The note on the diagram explains that the final colour of the feature glazing will be determined pending building tenanting. Imagine, say, Cameco as an anchor tenant with its signage at the top and the cool blues of its logo reflected throughout the south elevation. I have to say that I like the podium as well, except for the stone wall on the east side. However, it shouldn't stick out too badly as the condo tower on that side should abut the office tower podium very closely.