View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I used to participate a lot more in national threads, but it started to get a bit too toxic and I stopped caring as much. I read them, but don't often feel the need to contribute.
Same here, I use to participate more in some threads but completely lost interest when some posters got immature, or trolled & started name calling when they'd read my posts they couldn't be prepared or open enough to understand, major turn off. Some posters from certain provinces can be very touchy about the truth and need a bit more coddling I guess.

I remember a poster from a couple years ago from Moose Jaw called PrairieGirl that use to post in the Climate thread, but she stopped posting as well when people from other parts of the country started to troll her.

To be honest, a lot of the threads lack credibility because only the same few posters post same thing daily (or few times weekly at least) into the same threads & it gets boring to point of my not caring how clicky certain posters are with each other. I don't have a very high threshold for tolerating phoney chat instead of being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hahaha, so just enough by a couple metres to still take the crown from Mosaic (Mosaic at one point was supposed to breach the 100m level, but was adjusted to 84.5, 0.5m taller than the delta... iirc).
I noticed that too, the Nutrien Tower in Saskatoon is set to be suspiciously yet narrowly just a few meters taller than Mosaic tower in Regina. Maybe Provincial 'Tallest' building has more bragging rights than we think yet 99.9% of the Sask population couldn't care less.

That might also explain Calgary's (Alberta's) tallest buildings handing over the baton so much in the last decade... until of course, Edmonton took the Provincial title by a few meters last year.