View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2020, 4:39 AM

I also avoid Molson and Labatt products and feel that their parent companies have hurt their names which is sad. I used to drink Molson Ex, Molson Golden, Labatt 50 and Labatt Crystal back in my younger days. I'd have Carling if I didn't have much money.

But my favourite back then was Northern Breweries and they had a store in Timmins that was open until 11pm Monday to Saturday and shorter hours on Sunday. I REALLY enjoyed their Red Maple which had real maple syrup in it. I also liked Northern Superior and Northern Ale. Northern Ale was the only beer in Ontario (AFAIK) that came in a draft ball which was great.

For domestic, I only drink ones made in Northern Ontario and sometimes Quebec. In Timmins we have Full Beard and Compass breweries which both have a few kinds that I really like. It's so nice have beer made in our city again.

Lately I've also been enjoying Lake of the Woods brewery's Sultana Gold. It goes great with fish and chips. The brewery is in Kenora.

I sometimes pick up beer when in Val-d'Or, QC at Le Prospecteur. Great varieties and their IPAs are my favourite.

Last edited by Loco101; Sep 19, 2020 at 5:38 PM.