View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
It's called community pride.

Before your time, but base on my reading in the past, most or all suburban municipalities OPPOSED Centralized municipal gov't, aka known as "Unicity"...all except central City of Winnipeg proper.

Metro RulZ! Let's have a goal to de-amalgamate at least ONE suburb. How about St. B or Transcona in the next 10 yrs.?

South Osborne Bridge (OV area) was always the sticking point of WHY despite its redoing in the past few years I still didn't feel comfy enough to ride on the bike lane, because it just narrows before Roslyn Rd.

Wouldn't want to be SB on Osbore Bridge bike lane, only to be "clipped" by a WT diesel bus.

Sorry, but I'll stick to where it's SAFE...on the sidewalk of that Bridge.
I agree 100%. Sick of subsidizing unnecessary urban sprawl at the cost of crumbling infrastructure in truly urban portions of the city and having poorer than should be transit in the inner city so buses can run essentially empty in far-flung low-density suburbs. The TTC does not continue high density routes like 504 King or 505 Dundas into Oakville or Pickering. Low density suburbs are a financial burden on the inner city and the adjacent higher density suburbs and will become increasingly so in the future.