View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I am sorry if my observations as a business traveler to Regina has ingnited a "dish each city" debate. That was definitely not my intent. It was just an honest, albeit only my opinion that there are currently fewer options after office hours to keep and entertain people in downtown Regina. My hope is that both our cities strive to improve their downtown and core areas. I posted the comment, as I agreed with most of RobD's comments and it was to encourage Regina civic politicians to continue to do more!

I fully acknowledge Saskatoon has the same (maybe worse) social challenges around homelessness and poverty and addicitions. My post was merely an observation and experience of the concentration of restaurants, pubs, lounges, music venues, etc. that exist in a fairly tight urban area in Saskatoon.

I regret making the post, and hope that posters on both Regina and Saskatoon threads can continue to be supportive and positive in encouraging the growth and improvement of both cities.

Ok....I am done. My apologies and let's move on.....
I see no reason to apologize for having an opinion based on your observations. Both cities are similar and yet different. Unfortunately there are many social problems that do not paint either city in the best light. It is going to take a coordinated effort from all levels of government to work toward making both cities the best that they can be. This is a construction forum not a combat zone! Can we all just try to get along and respect differences of opinion?

Last edited by RobD; Mar 25, 2024 at 9:51 PM.