View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Amazing. Can’t wait.

$100 million for 300 units seems pretty high.
Was talking to someone with knowledge of the project recently. He said the entire main floor commercial space will have its own street entrances like normal, but also all be open/connected within the building to create a "mall" like area. Based on the renders, seems like this "mall" will be outdoors. I like it.

I like this inner courtyard/alley idea – it really reminds me of some of the lanes and infilled alley spaces in Gastown, especially Blood Alley and the redevelopment going on there. Also like older neighbourhoods in European cities like Lisbon, Barcelona, etc. where there's alleys everywhere with little shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
That metal warehouse is actually an ice rink! It should just be fixed up. As for the new proposal it’s really neat along the side streets but I don’t really care for the view along waterfront. Looks too similar to the pump house. Maybe at least make it white.
---

Can anyone tell – are all the renders of the GWM site, and they haven't released plans for old rink yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Not sure I like the look of the preliminary render. Is that corrugated metal siding supposed to be nod to the old sheet metal factory?
I don’t mind the interior laneways and I like the overpasses connecting the older bldg.
I’m optimistic overall, but hopefully this isn’t done on the cheap
I love the design overall but I do agree about the Waterfront view.... meh. I think corrugated "raw" metal or steel would look cool, but if this is black like Pumphouse and OZ, yuck. And you know some ugly Juliette railings will be slapped on those big windows.