Thread: Winnipeg Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2010, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
You'd have to be a fool to go with Telus in Manitoba. Their 3G coverage is complete crap and not expected to get better in the forseable future. Rogers and MTS are sharing their towers and sharing the cost of upgrading, so you'll be able to use Rogers compatible (but not locked to rogers) GSM 3.5G phones with MTS some time next year for MTS, probably sooner with Rogers. As for phone selection, I dunno, hopefully in the next few months Rogers will have some better phones out there. MTS won't have anything good until they're set with their towers. My rogers contract doesn't expire until february and I'm planning to go month to month until I see what sort of data tethering plan MTS is going to offer. Really, just tough it out with a crap phone for 6 months. Telus is crap in MB, and so is Bell for the most part so far.
Yea I guess I'm a fool because I went with Telus about a year ago (lol) when I will admit that they had a good selction of phones. Although I love computers and tech stuff, I've never really caught onto the whole "smart phone" thing because going on the internet on my phone or getting email through it never seemed that appealing. Since I have a laptop where ever I go and a desktop at home, I've never been more than a few hours away from being able to check the things I need to on the internet, so the smart phone never really caught on with me. Just recently my brother got an iPhone 4 on rogers which seemed really nice, hence my recent interest. It's more of a luxury than anything for me, so if purchasing a nice phone would become a convenience for me sometime in the future, then maybe I would, but my contract only ends in two years.

But since my contract is two years from ending, I was thinking that if the iPhone (or even better a windows 7 based phone) came to telus I would upgrade or something, but heck, I don't pay much attention to the market developments, so I just thought I'd ask. But I guess when you only have a population of a million or so people, it won't be long before everyone has a phone and purchases on new phones and contracts will drop significantly.