View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Agreed. Very excited to see this go up in Sask. Any news on this one lately?
There was an open house on it recently as I found out on the construction thread (too late I'm afraid). Didn't get there myself, but Brutopian did:

Quote:
I attended the open house. John and Kay Nasser were there. A rep from Tonko was there. Urban planners from the City were there. It was an excellent opportunity to learn more about the newly-revamped proposal for Parcel Y. A good showing from the public, as well. Lots of interested folks. The renderings for the project on view at the open house were the same as the ones made available to the public when the project was announced a few weeks ago.

I asked about whether or not the proposed height of the condo tower (95 metres) poses an issue with the north-south flight path (approach) to the airport. I was told no, it does not pose an issue. I was told that the 95 metre height in that particular location is not an issue with the airport authority. (I learned that they could even build 10 metres higher -- to roughly 105 metres -- in that spot if they wanted.)

The proposed rezoning goes before Council in November, I believe. If it is passed, then the required permits must be obtained in order to begin construction. Once those ducks are in a row, construction could start in spring 2012.

The City was also interested in hearing public opinion on what kind of building height/density Saskatoon residents would like to see in the tracts of land around the Farmer's market. Ranges of 3-4 stories to 10-12 stories were presented as options.
Also, Echoes posted this link.