View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 6:53 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Perhaps I am the only one who doesn't mind the Wingate. Yes, it's nothing unique or awe inspiring, but at least it fronts the sidewalk correctly and is urban in that sense. I'll agree the design itself leaves a lot to be desired, but still I feel it is a welcome addition.

As for the list itself, guarentee that the railyards will be moving, and on top of that a visionary plan which will lay out the best plan for the area. This plan should also incorporate a vision for how the Warehouse district and the downtown may be linked and feed off one another.

New streetscaping, that is new benches, new bus shelters, new garbage cans, new lighting, more planting of trees. Tree Victoria AVe, Broad Street, Albert Street and Sask. Drive. Tree, Tree, Tree!!!!

Initiate process of implementing the "Core Plan."

New 12 or so store condo unit in the Cathedral area along 13th Avenue, where a former gas station once stood.

Leader building plan to be secured and fully functioning within the year, which includes the grocery store.

Hockey rink at the U of R...........but not to be built on one of the existing fields. Please!!! Build it east of the turf field!!

An obvious decrease in the vacant retail spaces in downtown Regina.

At least one new condo building in downtown Regina (read: something other than a conversion)

SPM to make better use of all their parking lots they own in downtown Regina.