View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Isn't that being phased out anyway? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, no, I am not upset by this plan. IMO having commercial and residential properties there is much more valuable to The Forks, and the city as a whole, than having that space stay a surface parking lot.

I suppose some would suggest The Forks wait until they find someone willing to develop the space who also is willing to do it without the tax credits. Preferable, perhaps, but considering the scale of the project/ number and type of buildings, etc. I honestly don't know how realistic it is to wait for a sugar daddy to come along and drop a bundle at the Forks, or anywhere else in town in the near future. Again, IMO it is hugely important to the Forks and the city as a whole to have large, visible developments taking place.

And I agree some people will complain; complaining is what some people do best!
Pallister has said they will begin to phase it out after they balance the budget which they anticipate doing in a few years I believe.