View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2015, 11:56 PM

I agree with you guys up there are your opinions on how the Trillium Line might fail for phase 2.

But I might have an idea which might sound really stupid so you can criticize all you want I'm not going to fight back. But here is my crazy idea in which the city/taxpayers don't have to pay a single dollar. People from Ottawa might of heard of MOOSE
(Mobility Ottawa-Outaouais Systems and Enterprises) as they are proposing to have commuter rail in Ottawa by 2017 from what I'v read of. I was thinking if MOOSE wants to use the main trunk line if the Elwood Sub and since it is just impossible to have commuter rail and rapid transit on a single tracked line, I believe if MOOSE wants to use the line they should be able to pay for double tracking the line in a agreement that MOOSE can use the line for their purposes AND for the Trillium Line.

But it would come at a cost for the city as they will be unable to electrify the line from Greenboro and Bayview.

Now that's my crazy/stupid ideas. Please fill free to criticize or leave a comment. I just want to know your opinions on it.