View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 5:02 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Looks like a very high quality design and materials, which isn't surprising for a company like Richardson. Clearly no scrimping here. I like how it helps close in Lombard a bit, given that the eastern end is currently plagued by parking lots.

It's interesting how the layout creates a little island behind the new building, between itself and the rail line. I wonder if it's doomed to be a parking lot for all eternity now?

Also, as I said before, I thought this project was going to be built on the west side of Westbrook. The fact that that space will remain vacant makes me wonder what the long-term plan for it happens to be.
Well at least the parking lot will be mostly hidden. Down the road that can be revisited as land values increase.

As for the other side of westbrook, that is a very intriguing opportunity indeed. That has the potential to be a really incredible development one day. the views from the other side of the river of it would be amazing. Imagine even a 25 floor building there. It would stand out.