View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
heres my debate:

id rather see an arena built downtown for alot of reasons, economic, lifestyle etc.. in that video i posted earlier few pages back about arena models, we dont have anything that flows into downtown after an event.

if were to renovate the sasktel centre, id like to see the transit and roads upgraded and some spending money put towards that at least. lets get the interchange built at Marquis and highway 16, incorporate better bus transit and establish a better network. Instead of having an event spill into downtown, why not build some restaurants, districts around the sasktel centre so it creates more of a community. That way its not a rush to get to wherever 1-2h later after the game, and where people can just walk out of the arena and go down some avenue or street around the arena and enjoy the energy that way. Say the Rush are in playoffs, arena is packed, outside the arena has some people, the restaurants and whatever else around there is packed.

just tossing ideas out there. We cant just fix the arena and do nothing else...

My hope is that the report to be given on Monday will essentially say that the economic benefits around having a DT arena outweigh the additional costs of building from the ground up; i.e. essentially what you are saying. This arena would completely transform our downtown and it would do so pretty quickly. If the arena were to go where Toys R U is now and to have that right next to River Landing... I can only drool.