View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 2:55 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
The fact that you are showing the current CPR yard in Regina and touting it as the port leads me to believe that you don't actually know what the plans are for Regina.

Those yards are in the process of being moved out to the airport. Which is the very reason why Regina is being selected as the city for the inland port. It offers rail, highway and air all in close proximity to one another. Something that can't be said for other cities.

If this was such a pipe dream for the City then why would Canada's largest grocer be investing some $200 million into the plan. Why would they not be directing that investment to Winnipeg if it was the superior location. Again at the end of the day, Regina has started the process and is actually seeing dirt being moved, Winnipeg's plan is nothing but paper.

I am not really sure how a grocery store warehouse relates to an inland port status.... but seeing you think so please note Sobey's to looking at building its second large warehouse in the Winnipeg area (Headingly) ... and Safeway has a very large distribution centre in Winnipeg as well.. which includes the bakery services for the prarie region .... that should lock in massive trade contracts with those Russians.

Sorry ... but gocery store warehouses means very little in the context of global trade. Congrats on your soon to be fresher food products.

Last edited by newflyer; Sep 25, 2008 at 3:30 AM.