View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2017, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Well, if you understand taxes well, do you never feel bad that when we vote for Trudeau or previously Selinger that you're telling other people what to do with their money?

I'm not in the top tax bracket by any means, but I saw the rage in 200k+ earners when all the people making less money than them started trumpeting the virtues of paying taxes and increasing gov spending three-fold.

I dunno man, I'm grinding a lot and hearing Ottawa's got it is disheartening knowing that if I improve in my profession I'm paying a larger share in matters I have no say in. I'll throw in the caveat that I really hate taxes.

I know I'll appreciate the gardens, but this shit doesn't fall from the sky, nor from Ottawa.
We're not paying any less tax under BP, now are we likely to any time soon, and neither you, I or any other taxpayer who is not a major donor or a crony has a say in how the coffers are emptied. I'd rather have the money spent here than in the true-blue heartland, and this is the sort of marquee project that's worth funding IMO -- especially since it wasn't coming our way in order to repave the crumbling roads.