Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Highways ministry eyes west-end bypass around Saskatoon
Saskatoon, Corman Park, Province splitting bill for study

Reported by François Biber
First Posted: Sep 30, 2014 4:41pm | Last Updated: Sep 30, 2014 4:49pm

http://newstalk650.com/story/highway...skatoon/419900
And I point to a drawings I had done August 2013, with nearly exactly what they are talking about.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...89847&page=258

"Until then Both Circle South Bridge routing and Circle North Bridge Routing from the north are both bottlenecks. Get rid of ONE of them. And closing two access (partially) would make it an easy way to fix a lot of issues.

ALSO building a connection with a 4 lane highway from the new Valley road interchange to HWY 7 then North on Dalmany road to hwy 16 with an interchange at 22nd would allow for a truck bypass without the need for the massive expenditure of the North Perimeter for the time being. Allowing this would get trucks off Circle North and off 22nd making navigation better for all.

Also with that they must build at the same time the overpass at Boychuck. Voila truck bypass complete! Amazing how not much thinking can save you hundreds of millions eh? Humm.

For this routing what would need to be done:

- Interchange at Boychuck - $35M
- 4 lane from Valley to Hwy 7 - (2M / 1.6km) 4.8km = $9.6M
- Interchange from New link to CN yards and city yards $15-20M
- Interchange at Hwy 7 - 35M
- Completion of Interchange at 22nd - $10-15M
- 4 lane from 22nd to Hwy 16 - 15km = $19M
- Interchange at Dalmany Rd and Hwy 16 = $35M

Total = Roughly $165-200M ($750M-1B for North Perimeter) Allowing for design and environmental impact studies.

Secondary benefits to this routing:

- Can extend north of Hwy 16 to complete North Perimeter
- Trucks now have direct connection from Hwys 7 and 14 to Hwys 11 and 16 without having to go through city and can travel at 90 km/h or faster
- Trucks now have easy access to North Industrial and South Industrial areas along 11th st and South CN Industrial Via 11th street interchange and 51st ave interchange.
- Direct access to CN / City Management Yards
- Allowance to NW industrial area via interchange at Beam Road
- Allowance for 33rd St Interchange
- Allowance for Claypool Dr Interchange
- North Perimeter doesn't allow for current trucking concerns for highways 7 and 14. This does.

There is my rant enjoy.

Here is a picture of the routing that this solution would make the truck bypass:

"

A lot less money to upgrade existing roads and tie into existing infrastructure to get MAJOR headaches in travel remedied. I wonder if they (the ministry) are seeing my drawings?

Extend it around to highways 12 and 11 on the north side. And you don't even have to build a new North Highway bridge for a while either.