View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2016, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Doyle Rules View Post
If it turns out that they're keeping Alberta in the "prairie region" office that they're moving here, this could actually be bigger news for Winnipeg than the development itself. If a major bank is moving its operations here, it shows we're not the only ones buying this "renaissance".
I know someone "up" there at the Scotiabank in Winnipeg - what they confirmed to me is that only part of Scotiabank offices @ P&M, apparently the wealth offices, are the ones moving to the new tower at TNS. Apparently Sask doesn't have a wealth branch so its all handled in the Peg. The other offices will remain @ P&M.

The Prairie region head office has always been in Winnipeg - its just for MB/SK.

The one in Calgary is the head office for all of Western Canada, and those offices won't be moving to Winnipeg.

Also, there is no talk of new jobs going to Winnipeg currently. They apparently recently hired a bunch of out-of-province people (but by a bunch I don't mean a significant addition) but I am told they really need more room and were signed on this tower in the early stages of planning (and that them being the official bank of NHL in Canada played a role as well in partnering with TN)