View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 7:21 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Found a decent cost barber.

Been goin' to Pall's @ 240 Graham (Cargill Bldg.) last 18 mos - 2 yrs. One of the guys been cuttin' hair since 1964. That's longer than I've been alive. Charges $27. So I phoned them up this month asking "Now that the PST is reduced, are you chargin less for a haircut?" Said "No, in fact it went up to $30" for a Men's haircut. This time I said "No, I'll find a cheaper place"

I've always been curious about Andy's - Pembina Hwy. @ Merriam. That sign has been there since at least 1985 (noticed it when I used to work at BK in 1985). Nick the current owner says the business started in 1957 and that he is the 3rd generation barber there. Charges $15 for a Men's haircut. Nick has a really good personality. He's almost like a stand-up comedian.

I'm wary of going to these Salons because the women can cut for 7 or 8 years, then they complain about their sore back. Well, that's because they're wearing high heels, whereas the guys can cut for 50 yrs. (lifetime) no problem. So for me, Nick will be my barber for the next while.

Says that Rocky's on Pembina is close to retirement and charges $30.